Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
Inter-track capacitance and reactance, audio signatures of electronic components in the signal path, and power line noises are are the enemies of good sound. The BM1 was an attempt to sideline those problems, but the power line noises were a limiting factor. The MKII takes care of that last remaining obstacle.

I don't do cuddly bass, heart warming vocals, or silky smooth treble. It's not my intention to mess about with the work and efforts from the original artist(s) and production team. The job of the Bushmaster is to concentrate on converting the digital signal into an analogue one, and leave what you hear to the content of the musical piece that you listen to.

So prospective DAC owners now have a clear and unambiguous selection choice: The Bushmaster MKII with its straight wire presentation, or the alternatives with artificially enhanced flavouring.
The BM2 won't gel with everyone, but they say that the sign of a good sound signature is the lack of one. The MKII is a follower of that ideal. And I hope you guys and girls like it.
Well I'm pretty pleased that my old ears told me the truth and that what I was hearing and reported was exactly what Stan had set out to achieve. And for all you sceptics out there I had no prior discussion with anyone let alone Stan prior to my listening session.

Steve