Marco

As Dave has pointed out they were the bargains to which my attention was drawn in France (although I think with a bit of extra length to bypass the multi-way, and shipping they weighed in at a wallet-sapping £30.55). Since they are "DIY" - I wouldn't presume to return them for a refund - I will simply relish their aesthetic beauty.

If, and I feel this coming on, there is a suggestion that these leads are sold only for their appearance, and aren't the real deal which provokes the phone calls of rapture

1) I am prepared to buy any cables on the basis of the very reasonable, proper and fair returns policy offered by Dave for a further trial - and keep them if I hear a difference
2) Isn't that a little bit naughty? I was directed to them because of a reference to the price of mains cables on Gordons thread, and I conceded that this was indeed a very reasonable price for the purpose of an experiment. Moreover, on the bumf on the web page it says "MCRU have compiled a true audiophile grade DIY mains power lead set. Featuring quality german made 3 core shielded power cable using 2.5mm conductors and a martin kaiser german IEC connector, finally our reference mains plug with silver plated fuse, fits the LAPP cable perfectly... True audiophile quality for £10.00!" Have I been sold a pup ?

My other kit is Cambridge CD5 (as transport) and DaCapo 22 bit (without the DC power supply - but I could rig it up to run off batteries at a pinch). There is also the AV system, with its tiresome hum problem, but I will unplug the input lead from that to eliminate any effect, and switch off (remove plugs from wall) on all other AV stuff (Tv, sky box, blue ray etc)

But if I can't hear a difference, and you can, then either you are delusional, or there is a real difference and I may benefit from that in the same way I can't hear harmonics directly, but miss them when they are gone. So I'd like you to prove to both of us you can hear it with a simple blind demo. Or anybody else closer to Kent can prove it the same way. Cos if it works - I want some.

As a side note - regarding my point about physics, and your comment on it, (hoping I am not doing you a shocking injustice here) neither of us really understand this stuff. We are dependant on faith - believing people we trust to properly understand it, and attempting to grasp something of the point if they are nice enough to explain it in simple language. But it is interesting to note on these threads, that everyone with an apparant genuine understanding of the techie bits, lines up on the side of bunkum.

I don't think this means they are insensitive souls incapable of appreciating the subtleties of more artistic types. I think it is more suggestive of well documented psychological phenomena on the part of the faithful.

But I repeat. I am not knocking. If its real - I want a piece of the action. I don't want to be told I'm not good enough and will have to go without. And if its real - even if I can't hear it, even if we can't scientifically support it, someone can demonstrate it. And if nobody can demonstrate it, we can all draw our own (probably still very different) conclusions.