Quote Originally Posted by tornpower View Post
I know it may seem vulgar to you professionals to jump so quickly to the mid-leagues but when I listen to my collection for the first time its going to honestly be one of my great experiences and to do it on the deepest, richest, cleanest sound possible would be sublime.
It's not vulgar, but what you will miss out on is hearing a lot of stuff in your own environment which will help you understand what works for you and what doesn't; and where the acceptable compromises are.

So I reckon, you should get yourself invited to hear lots of other people's systems and make you own mind up rather than getting 'blind' recommendations. Probably everyone on this forum has a unique combination of components and you will probably finish up with something different again. You'll need to choose speakers that work with your room, and an amplifier that will drive your speakers, and a deck, arm, cartridge and phonostage that work together. So think in terms of combinations rather than individual components.