+ Reply to Thread
Page 278 of 310 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Justin.

Looking up the Audeze put me into the Oppo PM-3.

I'm going to buy a pair and sell my AKG 702, which I can't use at work. Too much sound leakage.

Thanks Jerry!

Have you tried the Oppo?

I'm gone.

no

I'm Grant.

I've got a set. Excellent cans and work well with a phone as well as an amp.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I've got a set. Excellent cans and work well with a phone as well as an amp.
    Yeah the work with a phone bit, small size and closed back fits the bill I reckon.

I'm Grant.

Yup you won't get the best out of them with a phone alone but they are only 32 ohm I think. So work well enough. I've tried a portable head amp with phone and it gave a bit more headspace. Very well constructed too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

I will think for a little longer... how are they with the Xiang? If that works and work will PAT test the Xiang it might be worth the plunge.

Would need to get USB-C digital out to the Xiang though. Can it be done?

I'm Grant.

Yup usb c to usb b cable. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fasgear-Bra...to+usb-b&psc=1

My nuraphones do HD Bluetooth from phone or pc etc as well as by cable if you want. Probably similar money if buying new. Nuraphones are nice although they take a week to get used to them.
    Was using my oppos today actually. They are a nice can. Nurs do rock better if that's ur poison
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Well found I was searching eBay to no avail before I made that post surprised I hadn't found anything. Bad search term I suspect.

Good tight bass with plenty of extension is mandatory. I listen almost exclusively to electronic at work.

I'm gone.

I've been taking headphone listening more seriously recently and have gathered together an interesting variety, so I thought it was about time that I investigated a serious headphone amp.
    Accordingly a Lehmann Audio Linear Headphone Amplifier should be posted to me today.

Looking forward to hearing what it brings to the party.

Innards (stock image) ...

Last edited by jandl100; 24-01-2019 at 07:53.

I'm Grant.

Should be good.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread