+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Densen DeMagic CD demagnetizer

Default Densen DeMagic CD demagnetizer

I have had one of these for 15 years and it seems to have a smoothing effect on the sound after a 3min burst. I was given the disc by my dealer so it cost nothing and used it to run in speakers in the house and car. I ripped it to FLAC now.

I cant say how long the "effect" lasts before its required again but something is going on. Anyone else using this type of disc got an opinion?
    Paul

Onkyo 875, Monitor Audio RX6 GW,Monitor audio RX centre GW,Monitor Audio BFX rears, REL QUAKE,Arcam CD73t CD ,Russ Andrews Yello mains cabling & PBJ interconnects,Sterling Black Mamba speaker cable.

I'm ILOB.

I had one given free and yes it did have an effect on the sound but its not something I can be bothered with to be quite honest
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

If it's the disc that feeds a loud mutli-beating set of tones into your system, gradually fading it away, all I can say is that it made my system sound worse of anything and even if it wasn't the system, it had a serious effect on my hearing, even with me out of the room.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

MartinT Guest

I have one and have used it infrequently. To be honest, running the Cleanwave function on my PS Audio Powerplant has a much bigger effect on my system.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I have tried one in the past, and to be honest I think most people listen to it while it runs, and some of the sounds are so piercing they make you wince, and I think this is what makes your system sound different when you listen after.

I'm ILOB.

Not sure as the effects in my system seem to last a week but see where you coming from I just thought its not worth the effort of that horrible sound going through your system, but I would get the same effect by just wiping all my cables
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Haven't tried it for years John, and I no longer have a copy. Plus I have a much better system than I did then (I think!)

I'm ILOB.

Same here and same hope Lol

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I'm Dave.

I use the Isotek System Enhancer disc. This is supposed to demagnetise your system too. To be honest I've not really noticed much of a difference. I just run it while nobody's in the house once every month or so. I mainly use it for burning in new equipment and cables as it does seem to help speed up that process, probably because it produces lots of complex signals. There's also a 5 minute quick detox/warm up. I sometimes play this just after turning on my system to make sure it's warmed up.

I've ripped the tracks into wav files like all the rest of my music as I don't have a CD player as such. I think it would have a more obvious effect if played on an actual CD player as I can imagine these build up static over time due to the spinning disc.
    Source: Apple TV 4K - DAC: Beresford Bushmaster Mk II - Preamp: CI AudioPLC-1 Mk II - Power Amps: Musical Fidelity 550K mono blocks - Speakers: Wharfedale Opus 3 - Cables: Mark Grant etc - Misc: Belkin PF30 mains filters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast