+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures Of My Kit

I'm James.

Default Pictures Of My Kit

Well, here goes! Opened a PhotoBucket account and i will now attempt to upload some pictures here.

The first is my complete system (excluding Speakers)

The Turntable is a Pioneer Direct Drive Motor (PXM-030, robbed from a scrap 80's deck!) mounted on a Perspex Plinth with a Rega R-200 Arm, normally (but not pictured here) fitted with my Denon DL-304

The second 'box' down is the Phono EQ. MDF cabinet with Mahogany Curl Veneering (applied by me! That was the hard bit!) using two ECC82's per channel with Passive equalisation. A slightly enlarged view is here:-

My normal Amp is an EL33 based Single-Ended design fairly close to the Mullard 3-3 circuit but tweaked slightly to accomodate the 33's and to try and get the EF86's a little quieter.

I switch between the EL33 Amp and a Mullard 3-3 i made, just as the fancy takes me. They both sound very different, i can't say i prefer one over the other, they are just different. Here's the 3-3:-

I also now and again use a Mullard 3 Watt Economcal Stereophonic Amplifier i made, only about 1.5 Watts (due to the H.T. supply) but all made from second hand components (apart from the casing) and sweet nonetheless:-

Well, that's it for now, i will perhaps post some better 'shot' photos when i get around to taking them which means when i get around to moving the kit around, which maybe this October when i have to move House.

Regards,

James.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nice! what speakers do you use?

I'm Graham.

Cool TT , I had a go at replinthing a direct drive pioneer PL518 (late 70's) into slate a couple of years ago, was very pleased with the result given the outlay. Have you got a picture of the underside of the perspex?

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Nice! what speakers do you use?
    Rega Ela Mk1's.

I will try and take some more pics of the T/T soon.

James.

I'm Imjustsurviving.

very nice James, your speakers must be very sensative to get 1.5 watts SE to work
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    very nice James, your speakers must be very sensative to get 1.5 watts SE to work
    I think they're quoted as being 89dB/1W/1m.

It aint loud but for Single Female Voices and Light Classical, it suffices. Again, a different sound to the 3-3 and EL33, nice in its own way. I haven't listened to it for a while, i'm going to put it on right now!

James.

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Sounds like you need a pair of Tannoys to get the most out of your amps Take a look at this site you might like it, he has built loads of valve amps
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm James.

Sounds like you need a pair of Tannoys to get the most out of your amps
    I think space would be a limiting factor there!!

Take a look at this site you might like it, he has built loads of valve amps
    Wow! He's made more Amps than i've had hot dinners!! They're fantastic, the internal wiring is so neat, i try, but mine are not quite so good.

James.

That turntable looks really good!
    Alister

Logitech Touch->Mark Grant 1000HD Digital Coax->Audio-GD DAC-19MK3->Mark Grant 2000HD Phono->Roksan Kandy K2 (int amp)->Van Damme Studio Grade Blue Speaker Cable 2 x 4mm->PMC DB1S+

I'm Duncan.

great job with the amps very nice.

the ef86 can be noisy, what have you done to reduce this, triode?
    sometimes a shielded socket helps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast