+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FLAC players for Android

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    That's a pain Will, hopefully you'll get it sorted.
    Avoid like the plague, the card is unable to retain data above a certain address, leaving half the storage unusable until a re-format.

I've been round the loop 3 times, this time only attempting mp3 and winamp, same problem, it becomes corrupt, leaving zero length files.

I've just sent a rather curt email to the vendor, we'll see what happens...

Yesterday was Belkin heaven, today is SanDisk hell, oh well swings and roundabouts...
    Cheers, Will

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Thanks for the heads-up Will, I'll give them a miss then!

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

I'm not sure if you can do this, someone more conputer savvy than me should know though - which means you guys Instead of treating it as a single drive/card whatever could you stuff a partition at the 16Gb point as see if it'll then store more files than 16Gb worth...

No doubt someone will say it either can't be done or it's a bad idea, just my mad head getting ideas
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    I'm not sure if you can do this, someone more conputer savvy than me should know though - which means you guys Instead of treating it as a single drive/card whatever could you stuff a partition at the 16Gb point as see if it'll then store more files than 16Gb worth...

No doubt someone will say it either can't be done or it's a bad idea, just my mad head getting ideas
    Nice idea, although I don't believe Android has the capability yet to utilise multiple/partitioned drives...

No it's hardware fault, that can occur with these flash drives, the registry/index area remains intact, but when it goes off to find the indexed data it's a pile of poo, and the data portion then becomes unusable as it get flagged as such, which then requires a re-format, and round the loop we go.

Hence I've been filling it up with data just to check, as this is common, it may just be my bad luck, or they're selling off a known faulty batch.

I've got some diagnostic stuff I can run against it just to confirm

The only other possibility is that an HTC desire trashes 32 gig drives, but it is rather the benchmark of android phones, and there are no other complaints about it on the web as far as I can see.

I like a good moan anyway
    Cheers, Will

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    I like a good moan anyway
    Only every so often i hope

Ah well, can't say i didn't try Best of luck with sorting it out with the seller
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Found this-

http://www.htcdesireforum.com/htc-de...micro-sd-card/

Which seems to say that size should work fine, as long as it's a pukka SD!

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Only every so often i hope

Ah well, can't say i didn't try Best of luck with sorting it out with the seller
    Oh err missus!

I've got a nice invoice I use for situations like this, (amount of time wasted * overly inflated hourly rate), one thing I learned from my time in the states is how to complain, they are masters at it

We'll see what the diagnostics come up with

P.S. I'm sure the seller will replace it without any issues anyway

Edit; Supplier is very quick to offer a refund, make of that what you will, as they're quite a bit cheaper than the nearest competition I'm a bit suspicious...if I hadn't tested it to full volume I'd be under the impression it was OK, some punter will get caught out down the line when it's too late for a refund.
    Last edited by WAD62; 11-02-2011 at 09:19.
    Cheers, Will

I'm Will.

Whilst I've been fannying around with this duff card I have perfected my SDHC hotswap technique for the HTC desire (Android Froyo 2.2), but this should work for any android phone...and you won't have to rebuild it from scratch

1. Get yourself an SDHC card reader, USB or SD adapter, it's essential, you can not do this using your phone alone.

2. Take the new card (lets call it B), using the adapter do a deep format of it using your PC/Laptop

3. On your phone, go into settings and dismount the existing card (lets call it A), once it has dismounted, power off your phone and extract card A

4. Using the adapter back up the entire content of A to a new directory on your PC hard drive giving a snapshot of the card.

5. Put A back in the phone, so you can use it whilst you do the transfer which can take some time, just calls and texts etc.

6. Copy the image of A from your PC to B using the adapter.

7. Add any additional music files from your PC to B under Music (create subdirectories for different file types, this will help if you're playing FLAC). It's quicker to do it via the adapter than through the phone...marginally as these type 2s are slow.

8. Dismount & remove card A again, as in No. 3

9. Insert card B and away you go, all apps should be as was, and all other data should be retained, all media is always scanned at bootup time so your new music will be picked up.

10. Reformat card A give it to your missus, and repeat the procedure for her phone, gaining brownie points on the way

If this does not work either your phone, or your new card are knackered
    Cheers, Will

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I've been playing with the andLess player tonight, and I'm quite impressed with the way it handles things.
    Sound quality is good, and flacs play without issue - seems to cope with gapless too.

I spent more than I'd normally care to on a 3.5mm to 3.5mm QED interconnect cable (£11.20 @ Tesco), and have this connected between my LG Optimus One and my car stereo, and now have The Beatles original catalogue available to play in the car with no nasty juggling of CDs between albums.

I'm in the process of adding more music to the SD card.

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...less_fucr.html
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm inthescottishmafia.

So that should work on the Desire too then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast