+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Me and the 1210 are gunna have us some me time....

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    I have always wondered how the regulation mods could do that, as the only thing they will alter is the speed and stability of the motor, which is already pretty good.

I am tempted to get a spare PCB, so I may look into getting this done.
    Paul no longer does this so you might want to email him and see who he recommends.

Quote Originally Posted by British high fidelity View Post
    All this awesome talk of the 1210 is tempting me to buy one and start the upgrading process, I been thinking about it for a while, and as I just finished a complete overhaul of my thorens TD125 mk2 I'm now feeling empty and eager to scratch the itch
    Get your wallet out its costly.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Andrew.

I might try using the 1.5mm Gimp mat between the Analpg studio crystal mat and Cu/Al platter. Could be interesting, I just hope it doesn't sound too dampened. Could be interesting it cost £12 and was meant as a nice little upgrade for the 301.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Paul.

Default SL1200/SL1210 power supply upgrades

Hi Andy,

I still provide the DIY regulator modules (both external and internal) for the SL1200/SL1210 and the SR3-21, SR5-21/27 and SR7EHD-21/27 are also still available. The retail prices for the SR3, SR5 and SR7 and their respective DC leads have changed but the regulator modules are still the same price. The 10% discount for the SL1200/SL1210 power supplies for Art of Sound forum members still applies.

For those who are interested in power supply and module details see :-

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...Power-Supplies.

For those who are not into DIY I can arrange for Paul Hynes Audio Ltd on the UK mainland to provide the power supply upgrades.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul Hynes Design
    paulhynesdesign.com
    High Performance Power Supply upgrades
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16655

I'm Andrew.

MASSIVE APOLOGY PAUL . I thought that you'd stopped doing to the regulator mods yourself and had someone on the mainland doing it for you, or was this whilst you had your period of illness?
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Paul.

No need to apologise Andy. I have been rather quiet on the Forum of late, which may have given you the impression that I am no longer active in the industry.

Aside from design consultancy work and providing technical backup and sales liaison to PHA Ltd, I just provide the built and tested regulator modules nowadays. This is usually for DIY enthusiasts but if customers without DIY skills want the modules installed in their SL1200/SL1210, I send the modules to PHA Ltd, and they install them for customers. PHA also provide the SR3, SR5 and SR7 power supplies for a wide variety of audio applications in high end HiFi and Pro Audio.

Whilst I, and family members, have had a few health issues to deal with along the way, the transfer of power supply production to PHA Ltd was not specifically for this reason. It has mainly been done to release me from production and administration duties, so I can return to R&D and preparation of the many designs I have had to set aside over the last 8 years, due to lack of time caused by an overflowing order book. I will post details of each design release in the PHD and PHA AoS forum trade threads as they occur.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul Hynes Design
    paulhynesdesign.com
    High Performance Power Supply upgrades
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16655

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hynes View Post
    No need to apologise Andy. I have been rather quiet on the Forum of late, which may have given you the impression that I am no longer active in the industry.

Aside from design consultancy work and providing technical backup and sales liaison to PHA Ltd, I just provide the built and tested regulator modules nowadays. This is usually for DIY enthusiasts but if customers without DIY skills want the modules installed in their SL1200/SL1210, I send the modules to PHA Ltd, and they install them for customers. PHA also provide the SR3, SR5 and SR7 power supplies for a wide variety of audio applications in high end HiFi and Pro Audio.

Whilst I, and family members, have had a few health issues to deal with along the way, the transfer of power supply production to PHA Ltd was not specifically for this reason. It has mainly been done to release me from production and administration duties, so I can return to R&D and preparation of the many designs I have had to set aside over the last 8 years, due to lack of time caused by an overflowing order book. I will post details of each design release in the PHD and PHA AoS forum trade threads as they occur.

Regards
    Paul

Thats great news Paul and thanks for the clarification, it would be nice to see some more of your designs for the 1210.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Resurrection from the past! I've not done much with the 1210 in over a year but I've ordered a bloody big bamboo IKEA chopping board for my Lenco 75 on the strength of how it increased the microdynamics of virtually every slab of vinyl I tried. So, I'm going to be doing some experimenting with the 1210 when I get a little time over the next few weeks. Watch this space!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Andrew.

Is it worth encasing the bearing in marine resin to reduce vibration? Certianly something to think about.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

Mike_New Guest

Are you refering to my Bearing Andrew??

I'm Andrew.

Who else, mikey!
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast