+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Me and the 1210 are gunna have us some me time....

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    OK, to get this thread back on track . The 1210 now has a new tweak in the form of the Ikea

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/c...la%7C%7C%7C%7C

I've had several days evaluating now and I'm pleased to say that it provides a very nice upgrade for the cost and I would suggest it offers true SPPVFM.

Just a quick pciture of the deck as it now stands in Feb 2017. I have also written a small review which can be found here.

Attachment 19242

The board is a perfect fit for the footprint of the 1210. Now I have a very nice reference tonearm cable from Yannis Tome to review and assess on the 1210, the 420 litz.
    Worth a punt, suppose if other 1210 users can't notice any difference with the block underneath, they could always use it for chopping vegetables.

I'm Dimitris.

I like IKEA for its wide range of easy to use parts, but sometimes you just have to look a bit further for a much nicer option.

A couple of years back I bought a rough plank of wenge wood that was 3cm thick, 45cm wide and 3meters long for about 100 euros from a local wood trader.
    Mahogany and Maple were about the same price for 50mm thick planks but it was a bit difficult to find a nice piece that was wide enough.

There were also cheaper and more expensive woods to choose from, and the planks were up to ~60mm thick.

And I guess a bigger country may offer a wider wood variety for better prices.

A local carpenter should be able to procure, plane and square an infinitely more beautiful board for not much more than the IKEA one.
    OK the IKEA has vertical wood pieces glued in a sandwich, but its effectiveness is debatable.

If you have a few tools (circular saw and power plane) to do it yourself, then it will be even cheaper.
    You will have to pay for the extra bulk wood though, but you will have enough to build nice platforms for your other devices too
    Sources: Modified SL1200 MK2, Salas folded RIAA, Phonoclone, VSPS, Shelter 501 MK2, Modified Pioneer P6D6 as transport, Shigaclone transport, Peter Daniel NOS DAC.
    Amplification: Custom 211 Monoblocks, Electrocompaniet AW120, Audio Research VS110, Gainclone
    Loudspeakers: Tannoy Turnberry, PBN Montana EP Signature
    Cables/stands: Tempflex ribbon and Twinax cables
    Other: Promitheus Signature Passive Attenuator, Custom JFET - transformer preamp.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by dimkasta View Post
    I like IKEA for its wide range of easy to use parts, but sometimes you just have to look a bit further for a much nicer option.

A couple of years back I bought a rough plank of wenge wood that was 3cm thick, 45cm wide and 3meters long for about 100 euros from a local wood trader.
    Mahogany and Maple were about the same price for 50mm thick planks but it was a bit difficult to find a nice piece that was wide enough.

There were also cheaper and more expensive woods to choose from, and the planks were up to ~60mm thick.

And I guess a bigger country may offer a wider wood variety for better prices.

A local carpenter should be able to procure, plane and square an infinitely more beautiful board for not much more than the IKEA one.
    OK the IKEA has vertical wood pieces glued in a sandwich, but its effectiveness is debatable.

If you have a few tools (circular saw and power plane) to do it yourself, then it will be even cheaper.
    You will have to pay for the extra bulk wood though, but you will have enough to build nice platforms for your other devices too
    Hi, Dimitris. Thanks for the commnets. The IKEA board is very cheap at approx 13 Euros and is already made. I'm sure that better boards exist and probably give better results, but, I'm more than happy in the knowledge I don't have to find a carpenter, store the wood off cuts or pay 100Euros for a large piece of wood. I'm extremely happy with the small but beneficial improvement that the IKEA board has given to my 1210.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Dimitris.

Yeah it's hard to beat IKEA if you just want something that works
    Sources: Modified SL1200 MK2, Salas folded RIAA, Phonoclone, VSPS, Shelter 501 MK2, Modified Pioneer P6D6 as transport, Shigaclone transport, Peter Daniel NOS DAC.
    Amplification: Custom 211 Monoblocks, Electrocompaniet AW120, Audio Research VS110, Gainclone
    Loudspeakers: Tannoy Turnberry, PBN Montana EP Signature
    Cables/stands: Tempflex ribbon and Twinax cables
    Other: Promitheus Signature Passive Attenuator, Custom JFET - transformer preamp.

I'm Andrew.

I'll be messing around with some new spiked feet under the old IKEA chopping board. I'm hoping to get a nice subtle improvement for the small outlay. Stay tuned!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Mick.

This is the one I use. A nice solid bit of Bamboo. Works well and definitely changed the sound for the better with spikes.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/2809467
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Andrew.

A slight upgrade to the isolation block I'm using and bloody hell what a massive improvement. Expect a review soon.

I've only added 4 spiked feet but my-oh-my what a difference.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

I'm Brian.

These look nice . Got a link to these feet Andy . I may try them on mine as there's no way of adjusting the GL75 .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Mick.

i have a nice set in the for sale section fellas.

Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Andrew.

Hi, did you swap over to spiked feet from the Isonoe feet?
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast