+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mains cables & PSUs

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Cheers, at the moment i'm just sorting out the CDs into racks in alphabetical order, then it'll be blu rays Just found another pile of Cds, that means moving over a thousand as each goes in it's place
    Yes, I *hate* buying a CD with an 'A' artist as everything has to move to the right

I'm drunk.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Yes, I *hate* buying a CD with an 'A' artist as everything has to move to the right
    Box sets are or can be problematic. I had to add a single CD recently, by the time i'd gone through the whole alphabet i was moving more than 10 CD albums
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

MartinT Guest

Not to mention DVD-A albums with their tall cases

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

You know, you all need to adopt my ruthless approach to media storage - you'll never look back (or at the front, or at a digipack, again! )
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    <snip> I'll use the regulated linear wall wart until i receive the Paul Hynes PR3i regulator

Of course the problem is i won't be able to get to the back of the switcher or the Belkin PF40 unless i strip the whole of one side of the rack out. However i have a cunning plan that doesn't involve turnips

What i have done is make a new DC lead for the wall wart that is attached to the output of the wall wart with a terminal block, when the PR3i arrives it'll be fed into a screened chassis enclosing the regulator & transformer etc. What i'm using for a DC lead is some rather nice & very handy cable i bought from Chris (The Grand Wazoo - cheers once again chap ) which you can see here. I'm using the 14 guage stuff which is nice & thick so no real voltage drop, the cores are twisted & screened - perfect!

The cable is long enough to connect to the HDMI distribution amp & feed to the very bottom of the rack & out of the front, so when the time comes i can transfer it to the new power supply. I'm doing the same with some Mark Grant DSP 2.5 mains cable but fed from one of the Belkin PF40s & to a mains socket. When the time comes the socket will be replaced with an IEC plug which will plug into the new PSU..
    Well the Paul Hynes PR3i regulator should be here in a little less than a week & i still haven't sourced a case yet Time to get on with it as i have the transformer & everything else i need to get this thing together This should give a good upgrade to the picture quality over a cheap wallwart, as well as that it'll allow me to use both displays at once, though i can't imagine why the heck i'd want to

Ebay here i come
    Bests, Mark

Well it took a little longer than expected as you can't account for the weather setting things back or illness come to that

Regulator is now on the way via special delivery Having had a quick chat with Paul about a load of power Mosfets i happen to have here i might do a bit of Mosfet rolling (ok so they don't roll very easily but still) As this is a low voltage supply i can use some 30V Mosfets that i have here which should (so i concluded) increase the regulator performance, which Paul agrees with

PSU testing & build coming shortly in the DIY section...
    Bests, Mark

MartinT Guest

Keep us informed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345