+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The DAC side of the force

I'm Peter.

Default The DAC side of the force

I'm having loads of fun with my TC-7510. To my ears it's as a good at organising music to reveal nuances of the performance as the Technics sl1200 is with LPs.

It just keeps reveal cues in music that I never knew were there.

Stan, you mentioned a couple of "modifications", are these real upgrades, or do they simply change the flavour. i've also seen it stated that you use a liner power supply, is this one homebrew or is it commercially available ?

Bravo Stan!

cheers
    Last edited by Peter Stockwell; 12-08-2008 at 08:15. Reason: to ask some questions
    Intel NUC/Chevron Audio NDF16 dac/Amptastic Mini-1/Audium Comp 5
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).
    Connected with Reference Fidelity Components Super Neptunes and Speaker Cables.
    Powered by Custom-HiFi-Cables DC2 psus

I'm Peter.

The TC-7510 has been running for 5 days now, It seems to sound different everyday. I've been warned of the 30 day +/- burn in period. Any others have any comments to add ?
    Mains Block: Custom-HiFi-Cables PowerBlack Distribution Block (with super conditioner).

I'm BigBobJoylove.

The quality of your mains supply at different times of the day may be affecting it slightly, I have my DAC's power supply connected to a mains filter thing, it's the only component to my ears that is truly aided by a filter.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    The quality of your mains supply at different times of the day may be affecting it slightly, I have my DAC's power supply connected to a mains filter thing, it's the only component to my ears that is truly aided by a filter.
    It's on a mains block with a rudimentary filter on it. I've got some missing link opus-F (in a Hydra configuration), that would be interesting to try. But the PSU for the beresford is plug mounted.

Otherwise I've the main rig on one spur and the dac/ae on another, earth is shared tho'.

cheers

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

Quote Originally Posted by user34 View Post
    The TC-7510 has been running for 5 days now, It seems to sound different everyday. I've been warned of the 30 day +/- burn in period. Any others have any comments to add ?
    I don't bother listening to something for the first week if its new, just leave it powered up 24/7 to let the components settle in, the sound of fresh capacitors always give a different sound to ones that had chance to mature.
    Its how things work with electronics

I'm Peter.

Leo,

Thanks for that. I just wondered, also, are SMPS as sensitive to mains quality as Linear ?

cheers

Peter