+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good quality cheap AV cable...

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Default Good quality cheap AV cable...

I thought i'd mention this as i'm proposing to use a load of this stuff myself but for a different purpose. As i'll soon be running a fully active system i found myself in need of a good quality set of 6 way interconnects of at least 6M in length. Instead of using a bunch of standard two way interconnects i thought i'd try something different

A trawl of ebay came up with a superb result:- Component video cables

At first glance this may look a tad odd, but take it from me that these cables are designed to work at frequencies of megahertz, so they are very well designed. Just like a good quality audio cable they are heavily screened & have an aluminised mylar foil for total screening. The core is a foam dielectric & OFC copper is used & each wire is a fairly substantial 6mm in diameter. Nice metal phono plugs with gold plated contacts, i could go on...

Oh, they are naturally 75 Ohm as well which makes them sutable for a digital interconnect At the price they are being given away, even the 10M set is only £14.99 with free delivery

I'll also be using these to connect from my blu ray & DVD player to my pre amp, 2 sets needed for each player

I'm nothing to do with that firm other than i bought a load of these cables off of them & found them to be stunning value for money & as our leader would say the offer incredible SPPV

E2A:- Just so you understand where i'm coming from i'm using 10M of this stuff to connect the stereo outputs of my blu ray player to my pre amp & until i installed the dCS kit it was embarrassing my Krell transport for sound (24 bit lossless)..
    Last edited by Reid Malenfant; 28-01-2011 at 14:22.
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm John.

I bought some flat ribbon SCART cables from them some time ago, couldn't afford a 6m QED job. They were every bit as good in both performance and material quality, looked like the same cable with slightly different metal ends, superb, cracking value.

John

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I've used the supplier and they're reliable and prompt in delivery.

Mark, is the cable the same stuff as the 1m stereo pair with "digital" printed on the plug-outer? if so, I have some myself and find them very good - incredibly good for the money asked.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Gary.

Looking for a component cable for my Dads DVD player, need to pop into the AV Forum more often!

Cheers Mark.

I'm Bernie.

Is that the green/blue/red cable or the red/white/yellow one?
    Bernie.

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoad View Post
    Is that the green/blue/red cable or the red/white/yellow one?

Green/blue/red bernie

jon

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Default Good quality cheap AV cable...

The same cables are available with red/black/yellow and pairs with just red/black.

Been using these for a few years when I need long cables and have had them permanently in use to the rear channel amps. Perfectly good cables for these sort of duties
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

+ Reply to Thread