+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: One of the best vintage hi-fi shops in the world?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Excellent!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: Swaledale, North Yorkshire + The Valley of Longevity

I'm Toooldnowtogrowup.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed, snap, and join the club!

I couldn't imagine married life, or a partnership, being any other way.

I don't understand why others can't find wifes or partners who share the same interests, and therefore are tolerant of the 'paraphernalia' that goes with having a top-notch hi-fi system and a large collection of music?

No way would I put up with the shite some other guys do, about not being 'allowed' to have big speakers, etc, in the lounge. Feck that pish. If I'm earning 50% of the household income, or more, then I'm entitled to a 50% say, or more, as to what goes in the bloody house, and if she didn't like that, she'd know where the freakin' door was!!

Marco.
    I've had this conversation before with mates ... I mean what the dickens is a LOUNGE ROOM for !! ....... It's for LOUNGING ABOUT IN AND ENJOYING YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS ......... even when I was married my ex could understand that .. and now any new girlfriend is treated to the acid test of something like ...In The Court of the Crimson King ... played at full welly on the hi fi system in THE LOUNGE which just happens to obscure all of the fireplace and the whole one side of the room ,, ............ AND ........ It is growing all the time the longer I spend on this bloomin' forum ...........

Couldn't live with a woman who did not share my love of music .. and was too fussy to get her head round the fact that life is for living and not just keeping a tidy house to impress someone else ............

However what can happen is that some of us who catch the hifi bug a bit later in life may already have partners who do not share this passion ... Then it can be a constant battle to win floor space for the system essentials ... to all of those folks I offer my sympathies .. ... and the number of a good lawyer ........
    Brian
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smile, breathe and go slowly ..........................

I'm Josie.

FWWWWWWWWOOOORE! Check out the Braun coffee machine on the last pic... Where's the SodaStream?... come on... they must have a SodaStream.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    If I'm earning 50% of the household income, or more, then I'm entitled to a 50% say, or more, as to what goes in the bloody house,
    Sadly, on that basis I'm only allowed a 26% say on what comes into the house.

Consequently, thirty odd turntables and (currently) five LARGE pairs of loudspeakers suggests I'm doing something else right......
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by BTH K10A View Post
    Not for sale and it's likely you've seen it before but this is one on the most amazing collections of vintage hifi anywhere. Browse room by room.

Good reference material too.

http://www.gokudo.co.jp/Vanguard/room1/room1.htm

Good grief !

I'm Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Well, indeed, and I now have the luxury of my sitting room being effectively my listening room. I bought this house almost solely on the merits of the room. The estate agent thought I was amusing, clapping my way around.

Ah...yes... I've done that twice now. It is possible to get a house with at least the potential for a dedicated music room, but you sometimes have to think a bit laterally about it !

I'm Mark.

The links from the first post on this thread, jupiteraudio.com, i've never seen anything like it all in one place, out of this world I've got to go to Japan before I go deaf

I'm Peter.

Hope it wasn't affected by the recent earthquake that has devasted/destroyed many parts of the country.

Glad to hear that 'they' are slowly getting back to normality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789