+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Optical or RCA ?

I'm colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    Seriously though mate, you will find that the smaller your front pair are the more difficult it is to get a sub that can do that sort of range, be good at home cinema and music too.

I have a pair of Mordaunt Short MS45Ti's on 14 inch stands and my sub a yammy YST-SW80 (which is crap at home cinema by the way) is set at 50hz the lowest it can go and 180deg out of phase it was a doddle to set up realy but that's because i have large front speakers which do a lot of the low Hz donky work, (tell me if i'm wrong here mark) but the lower down the Hz scale the sub goes the more out of phase it will become, so if you're needing a sub to kick in at 80 or 90Hz say, but extend down to 20Hz it's going to be a tricky job to get a good compromise with regards to a phase setting so choose a sub which has a variable phase setting between 0 and 180 and you'll be covered and much happier with the results
    Ok. I think i get it. REL appear to have phase adjustments and high level in puts.
    If it sounds bad im sure i will be able to sell it on.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    Ok. I think i get it. REL appear to have phase adjustments and high level in puts.
    If it sounds bad im sure i will be able to sell it on.
    Very good sub mate, i'm looking at a few at the moment and the Rel and MJ Acoustics seem to be very nice, musical but able to dig deep for that real low cinema stuff too.

BTW Mark how's that new sub of yours shaping up

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    BTW Mark how's that new sub of yours shaping up
    I'm hoping to get to work on it in a month or so. Right now my hifi room looks like a bombs hit it as i'm sorting stuff out so i can get to this rack with plenty of room around so i can empty the thing of equipment

Will be just playing music from my PC for a few days while i get new stuff into the rack, list is here if you're interested, but you can add 2 Behringer 4 way active crossovers to that as well - just about to go fully active to

Just got the dCS kit in there last week as well Sorted out the slight pauses, it's been perfect for days now... Going to miss this quality

But the end result will be worth it.
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345