+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defunct Marantz

Default Defunct Marantz

Can anybody help with a problem I have with an old Marantz CD73 disk player which has dosn't read the disc when placed in the draw, the transport spins and then ......nothing. I realise that we're talking about a bit of relic here, it would be a shame to dump it if there was a chance of a repair. Any advice please

Ken

Ken.

At that age you've got suspect the laser (Philips CDM 0 ) .
    I don't think you will find a replacement, unless you look for another working machine with the same parts. How long would that last?
    It's almost impossible to get bits for some of the later models now.
    I assume that you have tried cleaning it.

I'm Dave.

Most likely the laser. if you can get some isopropyl alcohol put a drop on a cotton bud and gently clean the lens, let it dry and try again. Meths would work as well, don't use anything that will leave an oily residue such as white spirit, you want something that evaporates quickly. If that does not fix it either the laser is shot or the spindle motor is worn out. If you do open it up remember to disconnect it from the mains first, don't do it if you are not confident, we don't want a fried Ken. Alternatively if you are ever in Bracknell, drop it in and I can have a quick look at it.
    Dave.

I did clean the laser and the flip down part of the draw and it was working for a while but I suppose it was too much to ask for it to go on for ever. Thanks for the help.

I'm Pete.

you should be able to get a replacment from dalbani.com

not quite as simple as some may suggest to fit ...mine required four rather thin wires to be soldered . as well as the phisical fitting of the drive.

+ Reply to Thread