+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Name your fav local independent record shops!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one, Jon. Looks like a great place. If I'm ever in Wiltshire, I'll defo pop in. Have they got a decent vinyl section?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Craig.

Real Groovy Records in Queen Street, Auckland. Massive!
    Well Tempered Amadeus. Dynavector P75mk2, Dynavector Dv20x/SAE1000lt/Grado Gold/Goldring Epic2,Pioneer TX9800,Rotel RC1550/RB1070, Rega Apollo, B&W704's,Chord,Audioquest,Tara Labs, MIT,QED, Kimber,Aviemore.

MartinT Guest

Nice one, Jon. I'm not so far that I don't fancy a jaunt there and Marlborough is a nice little town.

I'm Paul.

Only used them for mail order but must pay a visit.

Those Old Records
    Brewery Street Shopping Centre
    Rugeley
    Staffordshire

New and used records - extensive used selection.

http://www.thoseoldrecords.co.uk/

I'm Christopher.

Both the Mrs and I love Sound Knowledge in Marlborough; we spent our first Wedding Anniversary day there earlier this month, Marlborough that is not the record shop

Well worth the 240 odd mile round trip for us.

David's Books and Music in Letchworth is a fantastic emporium and not too far from me yet despite being local for ten years I only discovered it whilst browsing the Internet for a suitable venue to spend Record Store Day.
    Plenty of new and used CDs and more importantly for me tons of vinyl both new and used.

http://www.davids-bookshops.co.uk/

Coffee shop inside store so the other half can relax whilst you spend hours browsing through the racks or if your good lady partakes then she may come out with a few treasures of her own too

Ample local parking and the shop is open on Sundays with free local parking... guess where we went earlier today
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Audioman View Post
    Only used them for mail order but must pay a visit.

Those Old Records
    Brewery Street Shopping Centre
    Rugeley
    Staffordshire

New and used records - extensive used selection.

http://www.thoseoldrecords.co.uk/
    That's an interesting one... Not too far from me. Didn't know that was there! What's the quality of their stuff like?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That's an interesting one... Not too far from me. Didn't know that was there! What's the quality of their stuff like?

Marco.
    I have only bought a couple records and they were both as described. The latest was a copy of Pentangle's Sweet Child which is pretty scarce. Though a second label pressing it was cheaper than ebay prices. I will have to visit as it's not a long trip from Rugby. Also he cleans records sold with an RCM though doesn't put them in fresh inners. Usually a good selection on the web site at reasonable prices, so I imagine this is a small part of his stock. Also sells a selection of new vinyl.

Paul.

I'm Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    ......this place just outside of Nottingham:

http://www.recordshopnottingham.com/

Langley Mills Records - fantastic place - huge with everything laid out well, plenty of space and quite well catalogued too. Prices quite reasonable plus there is a 'dem room' in the back where you can try befoe you buy. Nice. There is a lot to go through, took several hours......
    This shop is both huge and fantastic - you could lose days in there never mind hours.
    Almost two hours of browsing and I didn't even make it through the whole of the 12" dance singles section.
    So a big pile of dance singles, a couple of albums and a Robin Trower LP and still went away with change from £20! Must try harder next time.
    Best Wishes
    Christopher D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main System: Vinyl - Technics SL1200 Mk1, Technics Mk2 Headshell , Audio Technica AT_VM95C, Cambridge Audio Azur 551P Phono Stage: CD - Marantz CD 6005: Amp - Cambridge Audio Azur 351A: Speakers - B&W DM600
    Second System (WIP) : CD - NAD C 521i : Cassette - Technics RS-BX404: Amp - Technics SU-V470 PXS : Speakers - Wharfdale Laser 60
    Streaming: Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett 8i6: Active Monitors - Adam Audio T5V

I'm Ben.

Probe records in liverpool city centre is always worth a look, mainly new stuff rather than 2nd hand tho.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm john.

was in me local Europa..bought a few LP's 9 in total find of the day was Slayer ''Divine Intervention'' £3 not in great nick but I was well chuffed. Ewans stock is starting to get interesting as it usually does. He still has loads of Pishanto and his cd selection is dire but the last week has seen things really improve..there were a few teenagers in the shop when I was in all looking and all buying vinyl which was good to see. Not dance pishanto but Neil Young and Beatles LP's.
    John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast