Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Townshend Avalon

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    O you can't tell Hamish anything he knows best
    bloody cheek

i was simply stating that telling me
    Thi was a trough for it on auction a couple weeks back
    was not much use now andre ... implying that the information might have been more useful
    a couple weeks back
    i was avin a laugh with ya matey!

it is indeed my intention to get a trough for it at some stage ... firstly i need to work out what a trough is, how it works and if there are any other relevant parts required ... all information i shall be asking for as soon as i can (if ever) afford such a thing ... for now though, i don't yet even have an arm for it!!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Chris.

You will need the trough and the silicon fluid for the same. Think they are pretty standard, but Max at Townshend is easy to talk to. You will also need the 'outrigger and paddle' which goes on the end of the arm. You are probably looking at a similar cost to a starter arm like a RB251.

If you are stuck VE has a wealth of info on Townshend decks and probably the manuals. That is unless you are another unfortunate banned soul.

I'm Keith.

Probably just me, but the thought of having a trough full of sticky, gunky shyte sloshing around a few millimetres above my records never filled me with the greatest enthusiasm.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Nobody.

Doesnt slosh about cos it is more like the consistency of treacle...The arm paddle never leaves the trough anyway just parks up on the step
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 12-01-2011 at 18:31. Reason: spellin'

I'm Keith.

Yeah, I'm sure it' fine - just the thought of it always gave me the willies!
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm David.

Default Happiness is Simplicity

Half an hour later

Easy peasy ... And very happy with how it sounds ...

Cheers for getting me the arm Dave

Cheers again for the table Nigel ...

I can listen to my vinyl again and it sound perfectly respectable and was little or no fuss to set up ... Perfect!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm ChrisB.

Nicely done!

I'm ILOB.

Well done Hamish I must admit I am really missing vinyl
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm David.

I'm def enjoying having it back John ...
    It's pretty easy to listen to this deck... Not as analytical or precise as the techie was but plenty of music though, I'm a very happy bunny ... I can move on from the loss of my techie now

I love this - if anyone thinks rega would be annoyed at me duplicating a bit of thief instruction book let me know or remove it - otherwise, what a fansatic thing to say in a manual for a tone arm ...

Especially the last sentence ... Genius ... Just what I wanted from my whole most recent experience of a turntable ... Some music without the thoughts of fuss

Of course that's not to say I won't change my mind and want to tinker in the future ... But I'm happy not to think bout that for now I think ...

I'm Nobody.

You could still play with a Michell Technoweight..A Denon 'DL160' might be good cart.
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 25-01-2011 at 02:39.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast