+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283911311815811081 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Last night I watched 'Surrogates'

A sci-fi film I hadn't seen before and was impressed.
    Yes, I was impressed with that too.

I'm Neil.

Iron Sky

Despite the terrible (yes terrible Revolver, you should be ashamed of yourselves)way the UK film company have released this film (one day in the cinema and straight to DVD + no extras on the DVD (apparently there are loads)this Finnish-German-Australian science-fiction comedy film is in my opinion very good.

Nazi's went to the moon at the end of the war and return in 2018 to save us from ourselves..... sort of.

Fantastic special effects achieved on a low budget. Acting is good to poor as is some of the dialogue but overall it is still a good film and if you liked, say Mars Attacks, this is in a similar vein.
    Regards Neil

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Cheers for the heads up Neil, I'll have to see about finding the DVD of this. I doubt it's out on BD if that's how they did things

I'll look though
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Cheers for the heads up Neil, I'll have to see about finding the DVD of this. I doubt it's out on BD if that's how they did things

I'll look though
    Yes its on Blue Ray as well.

Hope you like it I enjoyed it but some of the jokes fall flat and others are frankly crazy but still I laughed a fair bit. However there is part of me wishes it had been done as a more serious film.
    Regards Neil

synsei Guest

I thought Mars Attacks was a hoot so if this comes in anyway close I'm sure I'll enjoy it, cheers Neil...

I'm Dominic.

Ive just started watching Appropriate Adult on BBC iplayer, It a 2 part series about Fred and Rose West and 5 mins in and I'm already starting to feel sick.

Natalie

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I thought Mars Attacks was a hoot so if this comes in anyway close I'm sure I'll enjoy it, cheers Neil...
    Its in a similar vein. I watched it again today as I read online about an extra bit at the end (yes I could have just gone to the end but ..... I didn't) and yep I missed a bit Not saying what it is though.....
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Harper View Post
    Ive just started watching Appropriate Adult on BBC iplayer, It a 2 part series about Fred and Rose West and 5 mins in and I'm already starting to feel sick.

Natalie
    I watched a bit of this on tv and I was thankful it was done the way it was, as otherwise it would have been a video nasty of epic proportions. However I am not into true crime stuff or even crime movies so I didn't watch much of it.
    Regards Neil

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Prometheus , went to a midnight screening , awesome movie , really liked fassbender's performance ! Thrilling stuff.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Prometheus , went to a midnight screening , awesome movie , really liked fassbender's performance ! Thrilling stuff.
    Wetting myself with excitement waiting to see Prometheus. Going on Saturday evening. There may be a sequel as well.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

+ Reply to Thread