+ Reply to Thread
Page 535 of 1487 FirstFirst ... 354354855255335345355365375455856351035 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 14864

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Stuck with it to the end, didn't realise it was a Spielberg? Preferred the 50's version with the flying wing in it.
    I prefer the Spielberg effort. The '50s one is really lame.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Default Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

Time to endulge myself with Kelly and his heroes.... 2 of our members had starring roles too. Martin and Anto

Plus the iconic title tune..Burning Bridges by The Mike Curb Congregation.
    Last edited by struth; 26-03-2018 at 21:54.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'Whaddya mean 'he's all ready to go'? He's a nut!'
    Current Lash Up:

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I prefer the Spielberg effort. The '50s one is really lame.
    But Tom Cruise kills the guy out of Shawshank!

I'm Grant.

Lol. Lots of great lines in this. Some ad-libbed by oddball.

Hard to pick the best of the 4 tbh. And Carroll O'Conner as the general was great too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Lol. Lots of great lines in this. Some ad-libbed by oddball.

Hard to pick the best of the 4 tbh. And Carroll O'Conner as the general was great too
    He's the icing on the cake. He's not in it enough really.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

the lavender hill mob... off my new fire stick(lost remote for old one and using a phone was doing my head in lol..this is much quicker too)

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

North by Northwest

Amazon Prime
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

House of Cards..

Original and by far the best...Netflix
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Excellent. Clever stuff!

+ Reply to Thread