+ Reply to Thread
Page 499 of 501 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501 LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 5010

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

Excellent movie Grant. One that is missing from my DVD collection.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Geoff.

Just watched 'Mountain Men' on Blaze again. Good programme which I watch now and then. They are a tough bunch of guys, spending the night in the forest in a shelter made of sticks in minus 35F temperatures!
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Excellent movie Grant. One that is missing from my DVD collection.
    Yes well up in my top 100. Enjoy ed it
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Grant.

Paint your Wagon... a bit of light comic entertainment starring Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood, with Jean Seburg as the female interest and ends up married to both.(goldrush married).
    Didnt get great reviews for some reason; maybe because the musical was all but dead when it came out in late 60's. I love it and saw it many times in cinema when it came out.

Regards,
    Grant ....

DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Grant.

seeing as no-one wanted to buy this decided to take it out of storage and rewatch,, Marvelous cases these... and a great series.

Star Trek Voyager season1 of 7
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

Carry on Henry A nice historically accurate depiction of Henry the 8th. Lol
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    3 days of the Condor 1975 stars Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway, Cliff Robertson, and Max von Sydow. Directed by one of the greats; Sydney Pollack

Excellent film! Far better than the unbelievable tosh I watched the other night:

The Jigsaw Man
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Grant.

Lawrence of Arabia 1962 directed by the great David Lean and stars Peter O'Toole in the title role. Nominated for ten Oscars at the 35th Academy Awards in 1963; it won seven including best picture and best score.
    Based on the Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T. E. Lawrence, published in 1926.(great if lengthy book)

Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Geoff.

My dad knew Lawrence.
    Mr. Tact!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Lloyd George knew my father ....
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

+ Reply to Thread