+ Reply to Thread
Page 476 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3764264664744754764774784865265769761476 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

used to like NG; been a while since i saw it so thought i should as its free
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Maybe I am being little harsh. There are only a few episodes that are unwatchable. Like the one where Picard cops off with the bird from Astrophysics.

But I don't want to ruin it for you,you'll get to it..
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Sure but it was a long time ago some of them. Ive still got all the voyager on DVD in fancy cases. Tried selling them here but no fans alas Got lots on Amazon and Netflix to watch at moment plus now footy too
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You on some masochism kick with the Next Gen then Grant?

I watch them sometimes on Sy-Fi channel but I always feel bad about it afterwards. There are maybe 10 decent episodes and about three good ones and even then Patrick Stewart is carrying the whole show.
    The Inner Light - probably the best Trek story ever, beautiful and moving.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Maybe I am being little harsh. There are only a few episodes that are unwatchable. Like the one where Picard cops off with the bird from Astrophysics.

But I don't want to ruin it for you,you'll get to it..
    I like that one Its called Lessons and relates a bit to the episode The Inner Light.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

'Passchendaele' 2008

A hero branded a coward is invalided out of WW1 only to voluntarily go back to protect the brother of his bird.

Not a bad film but it is poorly rated, I think because, although it follows the cardinal rule 'Always open with action', it then slows down to a glacial pace for a good hour before picking up again. Lots of Kubrick-style 'beautifully lit' scenes; it is a good-looking film, and a good story, just very badly paced.
    Very good film.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    1st ep seemed promising;graphics are good too.

now another ep of next generation...
    Stick with it Grant, it gets better, and better. Can't wait for Season two to arrive in the post.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Tonight its Goodfellas special remastered edition

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster
    Amazon prime content
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Tonight its Goodfellas
    Thought that was a Pizza?

Just kidding. Excellent movie .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Not watching, but just ordered a DVD of 'The Swimmer' with Burt Lancaster. A little known masterpiece!

Also after a sensibly priced copy of 'The Naked Prey' starring Cornel Wilde. Another superb, but obscure movie.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread