+ Reply to Thread
Page 467 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3674174574654664674684694775175679671467 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

You'd love this then Grant!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113409/

Dug my copy out yesterday. John Carpenter's joint best movie in my opinion.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    You'd love this then Grant!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113409/

Dug my copy out yesterday. John Carpenter's joint best movie in my opinion.
    lol... no thankee sir. Prefer pleasant stuff now.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

John Carpenter is not my most favourite director.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Nor mine, but this is a good film.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    For me his reputation rests on Dark Star, the original Escape From New York, and The Thing. At the time no-one was doing that sort of thing as well as he was. I like 'They Live' as well, despite the fact that it deserved a better budget and script.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

The Last reake of Beau Geste 1977. Marty Feldan directs and stars.. also with Michael York, Ann-Margret, Peter Ustinov, James Earl Jones and Trevor Howard.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    For me his reputation rests on Dark Star, the original Escape From New York, and The Thing. At the time no-one was doing that sort of thing as well as he was. I like 'They Live' as well, despite the fact that it deserved a better budget and script.
    I'd forgotten about 'Dark Star'. (But I still don't think much of 'The Fog' or 'Halloween'.)
    Barry

I'm Neil.

The Final Countdown - 1979

What if a modern era aircraft carrier, in this case the Nimitz, ended up back in WW2. Interesting film, well acted and with nice real planes and ships, not a lot of model work.

If you like the idea of that then John Birmingham's Axis of Time trilogy is worth reading - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_Time
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    In the Mouth of Madness is a very good film.

I like The Thing, first Halloween and They Live. The Fog is a nice film, much of its charm for me is in Adrienne Barbeau and her lovely voice.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Paleface starring bob Hope and Jane Russell
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread