+ Reply to Thread
Page 453 of 456 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 4552

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Second film tonight is The Guns of Navarone(1961) directed by J. Lee Thompson and stars Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quayle Anthony Quinn and Stanley Baker... Narrated by James Robertson Justice. Oh and a Young Richard Harris. Top class film.

Film was produced and screen play by Carl Foreman from the 1957 novel from the legendary Alistair MacLean

From my Apple digital library
    Last edited by struth; 30-04-2017 at 19:14.
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - CREEK OBH-11SE HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Second film tonight is The Guns of Navarone(1961) directed by J. Lee Thompson and stars Gregory Peck, David Niven, Anthony Quayle Anthony Quinn and Stanley Baker... Narrated by James Robertson Justice. Oh and a Young Richard Harris. Top class film.

Film was produced and screen play by Carl Foreman from the 1957 novel from the legendary Alistair MacLean

From my Apple digital library
    Excellent! One of my all-time favourite films.

The sequel ('Force 10 from Navarone') was pretty poor, so no surprises there.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Neil.

Just finished watching BBC TVs In the Line of Duty - good ending to this current series, twist in the story was one I never saw coming.

What ruins it a bit is its so obviously filmed in Belfast and not an English city. Looking forward to the next series.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

The Day the Earth Stood Still(1951) Directed by Robert Wise and starring Michael Rennie and Patricia Neal. The original and the best.

My cinema reserve steel box version.
    Excellent film.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Indeed. I prefer it to the Kanu Reeves one

Jest watching some old recorded programs as pain is stopping sleep
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - CREEK OBH-11SE HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Neil.

Indeed. I prefer it to the Kanu Reeves one

Jest watching some old recorded programs as pain is stopping sleep
    Its complete and utter rubbish.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Its complete and utter rubbish.
    Didnt think it quite that bad. Not a patch on original. Special effects were good.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

Now the epic western The Wild Bunch from 1969(directors cut;ie the European version by SP in 69 and restored in 95... I Think. lol) directed by Sam Peckinpah and stars William Holden, Robert Ryan, Ernest Borgnine, Ben Johnson and Warren Oates.

Actually struggled to get an X rating in UK this. Set In Texas in 1913 although filmed mostly in Mexico. On of the top westerns of all time.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Grant.

Marvellous film. now need to wash the blood from my mind so Some Blackadder series 3 I think.

Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Paul.

About half an hour in and it's very good so far - Gary Oldman superb as usual and the rest of the cast is decent too.
    Interesting premise.
    The only thing I can pick at so far is a musical motif they repeat over and over - I swear it's Sting's When We Dance.
    If it's not, it's a blatant rip-off !
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, A&R P77 > Musical Fidelity XLPS v3 Phono Stage
    Sony CDP-XE520 CD Player > SMSL Sanskrit DAC
    Pure DAB tuner
    Tisbury Mk.1 pre-amp > 2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps > Rega Jura Mk.2 speakers
    Grado SR80 headphones

www.paulridgeblog.com

+ Reply to Thread