+ Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3413914314394404414424434514915419411441 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

Never seen that, but I love Coen brothers films.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Jnr, thank God your mother died giving birth, as if she'd seen you, she'd have died of shame
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Magnificent Seven (1960). Original and best. John Stuges iconic western was selected for preservation by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

Stars Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, Robert Vaughn, Brad Dexter, James Coburn, Horst Buchholz and Eli Wallach.

Music is by Elmer Bernstein and Cinematography by Charles Lang. The film was slated originally by many critics(shows what they know) but the score was listed at No. 8 on the American Film Institute's list of the top 25, after missing out at the Oscars.
    It is the second most shown film in U.S. television history, behind only The Wizard of Oz

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Great Film that... now its the Ipcress File from 1965, and stars "my names Michael Caine", Nigel Green and Sue Lloyd. with a spy role early for Gordon Jackson to set him up for the Professionals

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'Steptoe And Son' 1972

Love these British films from this era as it is from the world as I grew up in. Everything was a bit old and worn but it all had character and a shabby charm. I like to watch what is going on in the background in the location scenes, all the old shops and cars and that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

You look at London in this film, what a difference. In comparison it looks like Disneyland now.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    'Steptoe And Son' 1972
    That the one with the stripper or greyhound?

I'm Martin.

Stripper.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Always found that one sad. Poor Albert. It was a sad series in many ways. Loved it tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Dances With Wolves from 1990. Stars Kevin Costner in this film adaptation of the 1988 book of the same name by Michael Blake and tells the story of a Union Army lieutenant who travels to the American frontier to find a military post and his dealings with a group of Lakota Indians. Won seven Academy Awards including the score from John Barry.
    watching my 3 disc special edition dvd.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread