+ Reply to Thread
Page 440 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3403904304384394404414424504905409401440 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Gary.

Anyone else seen Hacksaw Ridge?

Boy, that was strong.
    Mel Gibson is Hollywood Royalty as far as Im concerned.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Martin.

Some cooking show, not really watching it, just came on after 'University Challenge'.

You never see the aftermath in these cooking shows. I mean she is only cooking bacon eggs and potato and she has used about 5 plates half a dozen bowl and 2 tea-towels. She wants to drain the water out the chopped potato so she puts it in a tea towel and squeezes it out into a clean bowl! Why not just do it over the sink FFS?

You can tell it isn't her doing the washing-up. She's off to the bar as soon as they say cut and some poor bastard is left with cleaning up the bloody shambles she's created.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Gary.

Thats exactly the reason Martin why you and I dont watch Broadcast Television, sure that's right?
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Watching Porridge on the Yesterday channel. Ive always liked it.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Thats exactly the reason Martin why you and I dont watch Broadcast Television, sure that's right?
    LOL I got all my favourite films on DVD, Amazon Prime, cable with all the channels. But I sort of miss having that really limited choice of 3 channels. In those days I'd end up watching something intellectual on BBC2 - James Burke or Horizon or similar - purely because there was nothing else on and nothing else to do.

Now I can just watch Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, or Bilko, or Space 1999 at the flick of a remote. If that had been the case back then the smarty pants bollox would have stood no chance. And I wouldn't still love those other shows so much either.

What I'm saying is that the rationing sort of made those shows better, enhanced them. And that I would be dumber than I am without it.

You can replicate it by watching BBC4 all evening, just watch what they throw at you. But it isn't the same.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

i rarely watch actual tv.. Ive stuff on prime and my digital library. Then my big dvd library too. When tv watching it tends to be yesterday. I occasionally copy a film to watch later from a film channel like film 4 or Sony now.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Victor Frankenstein (2015) stars James McAvoy, Daniel Radcliffe, Jessica Brown, Findlay Andrew Scott and Charles Dance. Directed by Sotland's own Paul McGuigan.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now this.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Whatever happened to the likely lads.. yesterday channel
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Friday again... tonight its
    O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    . Based on Homer's Odssey and directed, produced and written by the Coen Bros. Stars George Clooney, John Turturro, Tim Blake Nelson, Charles Durning, Michael Badalucco, John Goodman and Holly Hunter. Music is a who's who of country n bluegrass.
    All in, one of the great films of our times or anyone elses too.

Superb photography too especially on the Bluray edition.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread