+ Reply to Thread
Page 439 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3393894294374384394404414494895399391439 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Last night it was Neil Simon's California Suite (1978) Starred Alan Alda, Jane fonda, Walter Matteau, Elaine May, Michael caine, Maggie Smith(who wone an Oscar), Bill Cosby and Richard pryor that I remember. Excellent writing and acting that holds the attention but somehow just misses being great.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

T

Given up on the football; I know whats gonna happen...

....So, tonight its gonna be an oldie. the 1943 version of Heaven Can wait starring Don Amache, Gene Teirney and old stalward Charles Coburn. Super fim in my view and although the 1978 film of same name starring Warren beatty is quirkey and good too, it is actually a remake of "here comes mr jordan"(1941), and I prefer this.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Tonight its the Fly (1986) stars Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis ...... Directed by David Cronenberg and won an Oscar for Make-up.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Not seen that in years and it stood the test of time well overall. special effects were pre CG and probably better for it. an oscar well won.

A bit of blackadder now for comical release I think.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Default Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

Sunday matinee time...

Terminator Genisys (2015) stars Arnie Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke, Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney.

My Blu ray copy.. The sound from main stereo...got it hooked up lol

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

Nice Grant!!

Today I have mainly been tinkering with the Firestick.
    Watched last weeks SS-GB - Very good Drama .

Then got into the first episode of Taboo. I had avoided it , but I really like the way its going !! Well done BBC
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Nice Grant!!

Today I have mainly been tinkering with the Firestick.
    Watched last weeks SS-GB - Very good Drama .

Then got into the first episode of Taboo. I had avoided it , but I really like the way its going !! Well done BBC
    Like my firestick, and box is even better. Not seen taboo.

Well i enjoyed film, and the sound from the system was very good. Doubles well as an av unit. Great speakers
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Early evening ilm, and it memorium to Bill Paxton, its Tomestone (1993) Stars Kurt Russell, Val Kilmer and of course Bill Paxton himself....
    Not as accurate as Wyatt Earp, but better film to watch IMO.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Enjoyed that and a fitting tribute to Bill, even if he wasn't the main star. Believe he enjoyed being in it. NOW.....

The 6th Day (2000) stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tony Goldwyn, Michael Rapaport and Robert Duvall. Didn't do particularly well this although I quite like it. Arnie got a huge sum for making it so he was happy. Think it about broke even.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Kikujiro (1999)
    revisiting one of my all time favourites

+ Reply to Thread