+ Reply to Thread
Page 432 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3323824224304314324334344424825329321432 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Just finished watching Cloverfield.
    whats it like Neil? its on my list.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Couldnt find my copy of this but picked it up cheap on amazon video as i had a voucher.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now Von Ryan's Express (1965) stars Frank Sinatra, Trevor Howard and Brad Dexter. Directed by Canadian Mark Robson, who gave us Valley of the Dolls a years or so later. An excellent film from the equally excellent book from David Westheimer.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jo.

Default 'Napoléon vu par Abel Gance'

Long awaited release of Abel Gance's 'Napoleon' (1927).

bfi-00n-5vr-732x250.jpg

BFI Blu-ray.

I'm Grant.

Wilt (1989)film adaptation of the Tom Sharpe novel written by Andrew Marshall and David Renwick. Stars Griff Rhys Jones, Mel Smith, Roger Lloyd-Pack, Alison Steadman and Diana Quick.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs...(2009) Usual crew on their 3rd outing, and meet Buck the weasel voiced by Simon Pegg.

Popular film and made Blue Sky/ Fox Studios a fortune grossing nearly $900 m by end of 2009.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    whats it like Neil? its on my list.
    Cloverfield is really very good, first time I saw it I had no idea what it was about and was about to switch off ten minutes in, but then stuff starts happening. One of those films that is worth more than one watch IMO. It's really well done.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Cloverfield is really very good, first time I saw it I had no idea what it was about and was about to switch off ten minutes in, but then stuff starts happening. One of those films that is worth more than one watch IMO. It's really well done.
    intend getting it in near future. sounds good
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'The Persuaders!'

Proper telly from the 1970s. Not top rank but has its moments.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Been watching the 'Sharpe' films made for Carlton TV. Can't comment on the historical accuracy, but the production values seem high. Enjoying them all.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread