+ Reply to Thread
Page 428 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3283784184264274284294304384785289281428 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

The Last of the Mohicans (1992). Directed by Michael Mann and based on the James Fenimore Cooper novel; stars Daniel Day-Lewis, Madeleine Stowe, and Jodhi May.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Well I watched first episode of The Wire.... To say I am not impressed would be putting it mildly! A glance at some reviews though reveals that it's infamous for taking ages to "get in to"... One review reckoned most either give up after the first couple of episodes or go on to find it amazing... little in between. If it wasn't for that I would not bother watching the second episode never mind anything beyond that... Unfathomable plot ("plot" is term I use loosely here as it seemed to be missing one entirely), American street slang as impenetrable as drunk weegies, police talking like "get a 402 on the FGT and put me a RRY in after the 335".... EH!?
    Jez,
    had EXACTLY the same reaction first time I'd watched it.

Like £90 fuses it takes a while to burn in (kidding)
    beware bias and what you've read.

it IS as good as they say it is, grabbed me from maybe the 3rd episode?
    Saw enough from the first half hour to keep me interested though, all about the subtleties!

Having seen all 6 seasons I'll boldly say it's...literature....almost Shakespearean in its scope.

Stick with it, you'll thank yourself in the morning.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Ian.

K-19 The Widowmaker, love a good submarine film plus this has all the paranoia and fears of the cold war
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    K-19 The Widowmaker, love a good submarine film plus this has all the paranoia and fears of the cold war
    Good film, and based on fact...how much is hard to say.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2326554/ A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (2014)
    Will be screening in a minute.

Re K-19, loved it, actually anything cold war/espionage related, recently finished The Night Manager bbc mini series, after hearing the awards it received, did not do it for me. Bill Nighty in Page 8/Turks & Caicos/Salting The Battlefield in comparison was way way way up there.

I'm Anto.

Last night I was mainly watching Star Wars - Resurgence
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

Carry On Again Doctor(1969) Stars Jim Dale along with the regulars, Sid James, Kenneth Williams, Charles Hawtrey, Joan Sims, Barbara Windsor and Hattie Jacques. Marvelous stuff... Doctors' Nookey, Carver and Stoppage.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

The Monuments Men

Very interesting and at times moving film about the allies art recovery team during WW2.

Now watching The Stepford Wives (1975), based on Ira Levin's dark scifi satire. Excellent film.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    The Monuments Men

Very interesting and at times moving film about the allies art recovery team during WW2.

Now watching The Stepford Wives (1975), based on Ira Levin's dark scifi satire. Excellent film.
    Tswo good films. I saw the first last year and it was quite good. Stepford Wives I would like to see again; its been a while but it is an excellent idea
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'Futureshock! The Story of 2000 AD'

Documentary about the comic, in case you hadn't guessed.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread