+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3243744144224234244254264344745249241424 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Sneaky Pete amazon prime series epp 1 interesting start and quite compelling for some reason...

now...

Jungle Book(again from last year; a superb watch.

excellent Dr John song at end of film too

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Marvelous film.. amazing what they can do these days, and Its one of these enduring stories that is so likeable ...

anyways, a bit of Blackadder to see out the evening I think, or perhaps a Simpsons.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    George Kennedy was my favourite 'heavy' beacuse of Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.
    Freaked out as a kid about internal bleeding becaue of this film...helluva last scene.

Back up to date, thought the dialogue between Jeff Bridges and his indian Deputy in Hell Or High Water was superb.
    Chris Pine acted everyone else off the screen, Bridges included I thought?
    Yes , I think he was brilliant too
    George Kennedy - Yes I recall the great scene where he and his mate , staking out as ice cream men ,meet the nerdy kid who wants a 'particular sort of ice cream ' Look Kid ,go **** a duck !!
    However the brutal scene where Bridges gets kicked to hell was one that lived with me for a long time!!
    The opening scene is great though ,where Eastwood has to run away from the gunman through the cornfield !! My brother in law is a lay preacher and Clint fan ,and I tell him I can envisage one of his parishoners entering his local church in similar fashion !!!
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

The Way to the Stars (1945) stars John Mills, Michael Redgrave, Stanley Holloway and Rosamund John. Directed by Anthony Asquith, son of the ww1 pm Herbert.
    Excellent war film this. Screenplay by Terence Rattigan.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Hope and Glory (1987) Directed by John Boorman and stars Ian Bannen, Sarah Miles and David Hayman.Nominated for 5 Academy awards, this semi-autobiographical masterpiece of Boormans is amazingly good and comical.

Teacher: [jabbing at a map of the world, with the British Empire lands in pink] Pink. Pink. Pink. Pink. What are all the pink bits? Rowan.
    Bill Rowen: They're ours, Miss.
    Teacher: Yes. The British Empire. Arthur... what fraction of the earth's surface is British?
    Arthur in Roger's Gang: Don't know, Miss.
    Teacher: Anyone? Jennifer Baker?
    Jennifer Baker: Two-fifths, Miss.
    Teacher: Yes, two-fifths! Ours. That's what this war is all about. Men are fighting and dying to save all the pink bits for you ungrateful little twerps
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Roll up to close of play with War Games (1983) starring Matthew Broderick as the kid who hacks NORAD. Was a huge boxoffice hit too grossing 8 times its budget.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

A rather silly film IMO.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    A rather silly film IMO.
    Was certainly dated. Premise at the time was perhaps, of more concern. Not seen it since it was on release. But lighthearted enough for evening closer.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Watched The Neon Demon this afternoon

Not for those feint of heart. Not my cup of tea, went in an unexpected direction and left me shocked and a tad disgusted. On a plus the soundtrack is amazing.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Flight of the Navigator (1986) stars Joey Cramer, Paul Reubens, Veronica Cartwright, Cliff DeYoung and Sarah Jessica Parker.Nice Disney classic with a great script. Music by Alan Silvestri.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread