+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3203704104184194204214224304705209201420 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Independence Day: Resurgence (2016) not usually my cuppa, but a xmas pressie on blu ray so currently watching this. Not as bad as it was reviewed, but not as good as last one ...so far, and that says it all. Directed by Roland Emmerich and has a number of the original cast as old men now. Budget was 170m$ and it doubled that in boxoffice already so, a hit and a miss. Still a way to go and may improve... The boy saw it the other day and loved it

Well, its an extravaganza for lovers of the genre. Lacked a bit of a story tbh, and the acting stank for me, but sure the younger generation will love it. Door wide open for a pt3 as well.
    Last edited by struth; 28-12-2016 at 23:30.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    "Clean machine!"

One of the better 'existentialist' road movies.
    Barry

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    "Clean machine!"

One of the better 'existentialist' road movies.
    Have always regarded the cars as the stars (with Warren Oates 2nd)

I'm Martin.

'Freaky Friday' (2003)

The remake with Lindsay Lohan

Om nom nom.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

shes not wearing so well.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

2nd Season of Man in the High Castle.
    Getting seriously good, very Phillip K Dick.

I'm Grant.

what better way to chase out the auld year than

Hi Ho, ...AWAY!!!
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    what better way to chase out the auld year than

Hi Ho, ...AWAY!!!
    Great performance from Depp ,although Hammers role was a bit odd !!
    It was on tv a week or 2 ago
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

Good performances all round I thought. Think the role was of an idealist who had to make some concessions. Depp's best film for me.

wont be often he will be 7" shorter than his co star but it didnt bother him
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread