+ Reply to Thread
Page 410 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3103604004084094104114124204605109101410 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Father Goose (1964) stars Cary Grant, Leslie Caron and Trevor Howard. Lighthearted vehicle for Grant as a coastwatcher

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Must have a look at that. Not seen Bilko in years.
    Found out I do have Forces TV so gave set it to tape Phil Silvers. Thanks for the tip-off Roy.

They are also showing Get Some In! Not seen that since it was first on.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Found out I do have Forces TV so gave set it to tape Phil Silvers. Thanks for the tip-off Roy.

They are also showing Get Some In! Not seen that since it was first on.
    my dad liked that one... think it was airforce training? nation service I think. he was in air force in war and said some things never change. I Was a big Bilko fan in the day; its kinda aged a bit now alas, but still watchable.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Bilko never dates for me since it was already an ancient show when I was a child.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

A Game of Shadows (2011) stars Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

You're welcome Martin.

I have fond memories of watching Hogan's Heros & Bilko with my Dad & they're both still very watchable.

I'm Martin.

My Dad was a massive Bilko fan. I bought him the anniversary DVD and he was up until 4 am watching it.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Feel like being cheered up so got my amazon library up... think it will be the super fun Johnny Depp film (yes there are a few ) The Lone Ranger from 2013. Surprised this was not more popular tbh, as its great stuff, and soundtrack is nice too with the incredible Billy Tell overture from Rossini. blasting out nearer the end on the train scenes.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

My Dad was a massive Bilko fan. I bought him the anniversary DVD and he was up until 4 am watching it.
    Bilko(Silvers) had "funny bones" the way Graucho did...
    Never gets tired, can watch it on a loop.

And Top Cat funnily enough, whats that all about?!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Martin.

And 'Hokey Wolf.'
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread