+ Reply to Thread
Page 409 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3093593994074084094104114194595099091409 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    '' 2006

In the 1970s an impressionable Scots lad graduates medical school and goes to work in Uganda. He runs into Idi Amin, there are problems and some deaths are involved.

Seen this before a couple of times but was happy to watch it again, always the sign of a quality film in my book. Good story, good acting and well-paced even though it is quite long. Well worth a go if you've not seen it.
    good film Martin.. Ive got it somewhere, or did. Good acting in it. Forest Whitaker was very good as Amin
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

It is a captivating performance, as they say.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Versailles (series1) is available on Amazon prime... anyone seen it?
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Used to be my Dad's favourite.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post

Used to be my Dad's favourite.
    loved that myself in the day. Colonel Klink and Sgt Schultz....I see nothing; nothing lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Forces TV show it, tonight followed by The Phil Silvers Show

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Versailles (series1) is available on Amazon prime... anyone seen it?
    Watched it on BBC. A complete load of entertaining tosh: beautiful to look at, with a good helping of nudity and copulation thrown in for good measure. So what's not to like? - well any pretence of historical veracity that is.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Well if there is nudity and copulation in it, then its not for me. Despise such vulgarity
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Forces TV show it, tonight followed by The Phil Silvers Show
    Must have a look at that. Not seen Bilko in years.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

'Cockneys vs Zombies' 2012

Does was it says on the tin, in fact better than that, it is quite well done with some funny lines and stars Alan Ford who is always good. Follows in the footsteps of Shaun Of The Dead, although not quite as clever. Zombies are the traditional Romero type, i.e slow and stupid, not those quick ones that can set traps for you. Worth a watch.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread