+ Reply to Thread
Page 408 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3083583984064074084094104184585089081408 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

as the tidal wave hit africa and europe, i am surprised the Russians and the Chinese didnt take advantage and nuke the hell out of America and finish them off

good film- now on to Blackadder I think.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Tonight its Road to Bali (1952) with Bob Hope, Bing Crosby and Dorothy Lamour. this is the digitally remastered Version.

Amazon Prime Content
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Best disaster movie ever made. Actually has an intelligent plot and great acting. Tea Leoni looked very sweet!
    It's watchable, and quite well done, and yes, Tea Leoni, but I'm sorry it is not a patch on 'The Poseidon Adventure.' Which had Nancy Drew at the height of her powers, In hot pants.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Hound of the Baskervilles (1959) I think.. Peter Cushing & Andre Morrell play the famous 2 in this...Recorded from tv

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

main feature now... The Legend of Tarzan (2016) Stars Alexander Skarsgård in title role with Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie, Djimon Hounsou, Jim Broadbent, and Christoph Waltz in supporting roles.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

The Lost Lotus - Restoring A Race Car. (Channel4) NOW

Not a petrol head as such, but I love these restoring car programs.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

'Thor' (2011)

Thor was about to be made king of Asgard when frost giants attacked (as they do). Against Odin's wishes, Thor went to sort it out himself. There was a problem and some deaths were involved. Pissed off, Odin stripped Thor of his powers and banished him to Earth.

This simple bit of exposition, for some reason, takes almost an hour.

On Earth Thor runs into theoretical physicist Natalie Portman, a mate of her dad's who is looking after her, and some gobby bint whose presence is never really explained but who is quite amusing and you start to think it might become watchable, but then she has pretty much no dialogue for the rest of the film.

In short not up to much. Natalie Portman, couple of funny lines from gobby chick, that's about it. Kenneth Brannagh directs (yes really, Kenneth Brannagh).
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

The Ladykillers(1955) stars Alec Guinness, Cecil Parker, Herbert Lom, Peter Sellers, Katie Johnson and Jack Warner. Original and best by far.

recorded off the tv recently.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now The Jungle Book 2016

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'The Last King Of Scotland' 2006

In the 1970s an impressionable Scots lad graduates medical school and goes to work in Uganda. He runs into Idi Amin, there are problems and some deaths are involved.

Seen this before a couple of times but was happy to watch it again, always the sign of a quality film in my book. Good story, good acting and well-paced even though it is quite long. Well worth a go if you've not seen it.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread