+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3043543944024034044054064144545049041404 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think that was the final series - the cast were starting to age and look old. But the final episode was very clever, and wound up things in a very satisfying manner.
    At least they got to talk with the universe wont surprise me if another comes along.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    At least they got to talk with the universe wont surprise me if another comes along.
    If you watch the final episode, where they finally make it back to Earth and try to find the authors (Grant and Naylor?) to resolve an existential problem, the denoument is such that a further series could be possible.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Think that was the back to Earth in 3 parts, now called season 9, Barry. there has been a season10 and now just finished season11 on Dave.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Back to The Invaders Series and disc 2 of many.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jo.

Default 'Ophüls's images are perfect crystals...'

Ophüls: Letter From An Unknown Woman (USA/1948)

50818_front.jpg

Blu-ray Region A, Olive Films.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Landloper View Post
    Ophüls: Letter From An Unknown Woman (USA/1948)

50818_front.jpg

Blu-ray Region A, Olive Films.
    Great film! You could try "La Ronde" as well. Superb Sunday aftrrnoon watching.
    IB

I'm Geoff.

Movie just starting on London Live. Roman Polanski's 'Repulsion'. Classic 1965 psycho thriller!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

I'm going for Carry on Nurse from 1959

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Sky Arts - Classic Albums. Frank Zappa's Apostrophe & Over-nite Sensation. Never been into Zappa (& after watching this I don't think I ever will..)

I'm Grant.

Been watching a mix of old Simpsons eppisodes and Red Dwarf' latest series 11. easy and fun
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread