+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3033533934014024034044054134535039031403 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Neil.

The Invaders (1995) TV Movie.

A soft reboot of the 1960s TV series of the same name, Roy Thinnes is even in it playing the role he had in the 60s series as David Vincent. Was this a pilot for a new stab at it ? I don't know but its not bad as these things go.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    The Invaders (1995) TV Movie.

A soft reboot of the 1960s TV series of the same name, Roy Thinnes is even in it playing the role he had in the 60s series as David Vincent. Was this a pilot for a new stab at it ? I don't know but its not bad as these things go.
    Ive got the boxset in house ready to watch Neil. The boy got it and sent it round for me to watch. Vaguely remember it from way back.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive got the boxset in house ready to watch Neil. The boy got it and sent it round for me to watch. Vaguely remember it from way back.
    First season is excellent, second patchy but I greatly enjoyed them when I was younger and a recent re-watch was also enjoyable.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

ok Ive got this on

Quinn Martin Production, the invaders from 1967.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

ok Ive got this on

Quinn Martin Production, the invaders from 1967.
    Very good, better than mine. I have it in two volumes, minimal features.

If you like this Dark Skies is excellent too.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

watched first disc... think there was 4 eps on it... Effects are ok for 60's tv but with all their knowledge and technology, why do they want info from scientists brains?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Now, Red Dwarf xi.. the new series .
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Just starting on BBC2

I'm Martin.

'Mean Girls 2'

As we all know the first one was a classic of the American High School genre, easily able to hold its own against the greats like Pretty In Pink and Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Sadly this sequel lacks the qualities of its predecessor. It's all a bit too contrived and Lindsay isn't in it. It's almost as big a disappointment as Starship Troopers 2, if you can believe that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Now, Red Dwarf xi.. the new series .
    I think that was the final series - the cast were starting to age and look old. But the final episode was very clever, and wound up things in a very satisfying manner.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread