+ Reply to Thread
Page 401 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 3013513913994004014024034114515019011401 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Top Of The Pops from 1st July 1982.

1982 seems like yesterday to me, but it is more than 34 years ago. In any case, everything was very synthy, and Adam Ant knew how to act in his videos whilst Toyah lacked conviction.

A new art form at the time, the 'pop video'.
    I saw that one too. Saw Toyah live, way back then (first gig I went to) and certainly she knew how to do it all live, excellent stuff. I had a thing for Toyah back then, and to a degree still do.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

She was quite cute. Although at the time I preferred Susannah Hoff out of The Bangles IIRC.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    She was quite cute. Although at the time I preferred Susannah Hoff out of The Bangles IIRC.
    It was the way she was, the look, etc. Heck I was only out of School back then.... where did the time go ?
    Regards Neil

I'm Dave.

Never liked Toyah, since seeing her in the film Jubilee late 70's. Terri Nunn more for me, though i never liked the band.
    Kraken, Saturn, Emotion, Flying V Rocket, Planets.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Never liked Toyah, since seeing her in the film Jubilee late 70's. Terri Nunn more for me, though i never liked the band.
    No doubt it was Toyah's orange-coloured skinhead hair do that put you off - I did me.

There were some dead sexy-looking girls in the Bangles; still like 'Walk like an Egyptian'

Mel and Kim were tasty as well.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    There were some dead sexy-looking girls in the Bangles; still like 'Walk like an Egyptian'
    Only one. Susanna Hoffs, who was gorgeous. Knocking on a bit now and approaching sixty.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfix View Post
    Yes Terri Nunn I like Berlin, last album is fabulous... Count Three and Pray. I also like Terri Nunn's solo material too.

Toyah in Jubilee looks totally different to later.
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Only one. Susanna Hoffs, who was gorgeous. Knocking on a bit now and approaching sixty.
    I liked Michael Steele as well.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

It's Howdy Doody time

Back to the Future Part III (1990)

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Great train crash near the end, and not surprisingly they used a 1/4 scale model of a train. The scenes when the deloren was on the tracks speeding in front of the train were infact shot in reverse, as the train was towing the car(full size train this time.Sierra no3 I believe). train could only do 40 mph i reverse though due to the small real buggy. Still, its a super bit of cinema. the high pan of the town is a homage to Sergio Leone.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread