+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2345614541045041004 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post

The turd? Knight and Day. The less said about this steaming pile of manure the better.
    Very true!

Cam Diaz is looking old now deffo not what she once was, and also they managed to move San Fermines ( the running of the bulls in Pamplona ) to Sevilla, this realy pisses me off too. Tom Cruse did the same thing with one of the Mission Impossible movies, where Las Fallas, a Valencia festival was transposed onto......... yes Sevilla again, i can tell you it pissed a lot of Spaniards off.

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Seeing as Martin (Macca) has reminded me of past experiences of VHS videos played on NICAM HiFi VHS recorders & just because i love this film for it's oddness as well as a blinding soundtrack i'm about to watch Pi (as in 3.1415926545 etc).. I remember taking a HiFi video player round a friends who had a standard jap system but Mordaunt Short Pageant series II speakers & it rocked

Panny blu ray player should do a good job upscaling the DVD i have of it, but i'm waiting for the blu ray of this film Sooner rather than later i hope..

Odd film but superb All in black & white to, if you buy it don't think something is wrong, it's mean't to be that way
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Mike.

Bluray Pirates of the Caribean, it's even better on bluray. When the movie 1st came out my kids loved it, then the same year we went for xmas to disneyland paris, 25 goes on the Pirates of the Caribean ride, so what ride do you wanna go on next kids? PIRATES OF THE CARIBEAN again dad, yoho yoho and all that

The movie is great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Hawk View Post
    The movie is great though.
    I have the trilogy, but i haven't had time to sit down & watch any of them You really need a good 3.5 hours for each to allow for tea breaks & trips to the toilet & that takes a bit of finding The 3.5 hours, not the toilet

Glad it's a good picture, the DVD was good to considering the length of it..
    Bests, Mark

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    I have the trilogy, but i haven't had time to sit down & watch any of them You really need a good 3.5 hours for each to allow for tea breaks & trips to the toilet & that takes a bit of finding The 3.5 hours, not the toilet

Glad it's a good picture, the DVD was good to considering the length of it..
    For me the 1st film was way better the the 2 follow ups, lets see if the 4th film is any good when it's released

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Angels & Demons - Sky HD - the follow up to The Da Vinci Code - enjoyable so far (two thirds in)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Just about to start, Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas Time to get jiggy with it

S5.gif

Half the time i wonder who does these reviews & what they are watching things on Whoever said War Of The Worlds was a reference transfer needs a severe kick in the b*lls...
    Bests, Mark

Tonight it's time to go a tad mental & crank up the volume

We have a combined musical experience with lossless DTS-MA audio & a pukka picture with some pretty good music I have watched this before during the day when i keep things at moderate levels, now it's the night....

Tiesto - Elements Of Life

Lets go crazy.......
    Bests, Mark

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Hi Mark

I was thinking with that amazing 56 screen of your's ' lawrence of arabia ' would look fabulous and although many slate it ' Ryan's Daughter ' to me its just such a beautiful looking film , yes a small story set on a large canvas but still a work of art to me , Ireland's west coast and the way he tries to capture that magical light , brilliant .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Hi Mark

I was thinking with that amazing 56 screen of your's ' lawrence of arabia ' would look fabulous and although many slate it ' Ryan's Daughter ' to me its just such a beautiful looking film , yes a small story set on a large canvas but still a work of art to me , Ireland's west coast and the way he tries to capture that magical light , brilliant .
    Lawrence of Arabia - I've got the DVD special edition - breathtkaking film - a true epic - and looks like it was made yesterday except for the use of real people instead of cartoony computer graphics in the big scenes.

Chris - Ryan's Daughter - I used to know that part of Ireland quite well and totally agree
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread