+ Reply to Thread
Page 396 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2963463863943953963973984064464968961396 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

Found two classic British fifties horror movies to watch from the net.

'X The Unknown' 1956 and 'The Trollenberg Terror' 1958, which was made for TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwgllMRAGvM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlt...1-2_shortfilms

They have a certain 'cult' following. I shall have a viewing shortly.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Good film x the ynknown... leo mckearn is in it amoung lots of other top british talent of the day. You,ll like it..not heard of the other
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Good film x the ynknown... leo mckearn is in it amoung lots of other top british talent of the day. You,ll like it..not heard of the other
    I saw both when I was in my early teens. Can't recall much about them though. Must have been OK, as I've not forgotten the titles.

I bet they're not as good as the 1957 'Night of The Demon' with Dana Andrews though. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1x...957_shortfilms An excellent and genuinely creepy horror story!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Watching another 2 part 'Battlefield'. Leningrad this time. Total madness. The Russians were forming divisions of conscripts and sending them into action the same day. No training at all and precious little in the way of weapons and ammunition.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

Still Game (looking forward to the new series starting on Friday)

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Still Game (looking forward to the new series starting on Friday)
    Got the first 5 series, but stopped ther as no 6 wasnt so good. Might watch it though if i remember .
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Found two classic British fifties horror movies to watch from the net.

'X The Unknown' 1956 and 'The Trollenberg Terror' 1958, which was made for TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwgllMRAGvM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlt...1-2_shortfilms

They have a certain 'cult' following. I shall have a viewing shortly.
    I took a look at these last night. They did not live up to expectations. The Trollenberg Terror was dire, so creaky and full of cardboard scenery. X The Unknown was just about watchable. The 'sparkler' special effects did it no favours and Anthony Newley was as annoying as ever. The most overrated actor and 'singer' ever.

I'm Grant.

Not aged very well then ol

tonight its cafe American in Casablanca(1942). one of the greatest films ever, and worth its star billing

restored version from my Apple dig library
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Rio Bravo (1959) John Wayne, Walter Brenan, Dean Martin(not singing but acting) and Ricky Nelson(singing but not acting) Great action Matinee all the same, while I recover from my ordeal in having a shower lol.. Tis a hard thing to do by my self these days (the shower that is) ; must get one of those French maids in to help

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Also watching John Wayne in 'The Man From Monterey' (1933). A Western. John Wayne is a CIA agent, blah blah....

No, not really, but it is the same basic idea, just in 1930s Western style. With musical interludes.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread