+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2883383783863873883893903984384888881388 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Hotel Trans 2. (2015)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

'Phil Spencer's Stately Homes'

Not 'Stately Homes With Phil Spencer' you note; the chosen title sort of implies that he has bought the National Trust. Now I'm fascinated by big old houses so I always watch this sort of thing, but this would be a lot better if someone with a deep knowledge of history and architecture was presenting it, instead of an estate agent.

He talks to some people who at least relate a bit of the history but when left to wander around and ad lib he is way out of his depth. 'A backgammon set' he notes observantly; and: 'There's history everywhere you look.' Which has to be the most banal statement you could possibly make whilst wandering around Woburn Abbey. At one point he is reduced to playing with a friendly dog to fill up the forty-five minutes. Why is this sort of stuff so dismally lightweight these days?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Default Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

The Borne Identity (2002) stars Matt Damon. The first of many, and from my Apple library

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Bourne Supremacy (2004) follow up from Identity

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Dirty Dozen is just starting on Dave if anyone is interested... Good film.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Stir Crazy (1980) directed by Sidney Poitier and starring the great Gene Wilder and Richard Prior... Made a 10 fold profit in the US alone, this super film....

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Great film, and nice to hear the late Erland van lidth singing birmingham Jail again.. He died very young from a heart attack
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Never realised it was Sidney Poitier who did Stir Crazy. I think it is still the highest grossing comedy of all time, if you allow for inflation. Or was for a long time.

Meanwhile I've been watching 'Salt' (2010)

Angelina Jolie is a CIA agent, blah, blah; until a defector comes in and fingers her as a Russian assassin. She goes on the run to prove her innocence - or does she?

One point I noted: In films, ex-CIA agents are almost universally rock hard. But in this the active CIA agents are rubbish, to the extent that the willowy Jolie can go through them as though they weren't even there. Do CIA men only get their tough guy powers after they retire? One to ponder.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

being fingered by a defector is bound to give her super powers Yes it was Sidney, or should I say Sir Sidney lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Knives in the bed, That's all I'm going to say, man. Knives in the bed.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread