+ Reply to Thread
Page 373 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2733233633713723733743753834234738731373 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    'Spellbound', Hitchcock's 1945 psychological drama starring Gregory Peck and Ingrid Bergman. Excellent film.
    Thats a good un Joe.

Penny serenade was a disappointment.. Not seen it for 40 years and now i see why.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Robert Zemeckis's 2000 massive boxoffice hit Castaway, starring Tom Hanks.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Robert Zemeckis's 2000 massive boxoffice hit Castaway, starring Tom Hanks.

There are worst ways of passing an hour or two.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    There are worst ways of passing an hour or two.
    You are right Barry... Superb film. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Was my wifes fav.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Brideshead Revisited

I much prefer the TV adaptation to the later film version. The film is not bad (I have it on DVD), but the 11-part TV series is much closer to the book.

Bought in a charity shop: £3.00 for 12 discs.
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Brideshead Revisited

I much prefer the TV adaptation to the later film version. The film is not bad (I have it on DVD), but the 11-part TV series is much closer to the book.

Bought in a charity shop: £3.00 for 12 discs.
    Thats a good buy.... Not seen that since it came out. Decent series it was too...Not seen the film.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Riddley Scott's Gladiator starring Russell Crowe, Joaquin Phoenix.Support from Oliver Reed, Derek Jacobi and Richard Harris. Score by Hans Zimmer. won something like 5 Oscars too.

"Now unleash hell"
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

A bit of Blackadder to start evening then a film; not sure which one yet
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Watched the end of Gladiator; .......... one of the greatest films made imho. Has everything.

gonna watch first episode of outlander season 2. enjoyed the first series, but not got round to watching this

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Watched the end of Gladiator; .......... one of the greatest films made imho. Has everything.

gonna watch first episode of outlander season 2. enjoyed the first series, but not got round to watching this

Ahhhhhh now we are talking Season two is very good Grant. RTE2 here have been showing it, I missed the last part of Season 1 but got into Season two easily enough. This Tuesday RTE show the final part of the season, Battle of Culloden.... we know how that ended. Looks like its been renewed for a third and fourth season. At one point it looked like it would not be.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread