+ Reply to Thread
Page 353 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2533033433513523533543553634034538531353 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Default Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

Paint your Wagon airplayed to appletv. Yay!

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I’m Not There

Curious and not completely successful biopic of Bob Dylan

Being John Malkovich

An imaginative, but decidedly weird film, about a failing marionette operator who one day discovers a portal into the head of John Malcovich

Timeline
    Film version of Michael Crichton’s book of the same name:

(Sorry can’t find an image of the cover of the DVD)

Interesting time-travel film, thought the book is better.

The above culled from my collection, and replaced by

The Girl who played with Fire

Second part of Steig Larsson’s ‘The Girl’ trilogy and sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Vikings - Season One (missed most of it first time round) on H2

Watching Pulp Fiction. Managed to avoid this film, but thought I would give it ago. I like some of Quentin's movies but this one just doesn't appeal to me. Everyone rates it so...... we'll see.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Hobson's Choice, adapted from Harold Brighouse's 1915 stage comedy by David Lean in 1954, starring Charles Laughton as Hobson, and John Mills as Will Mossop. John Lawrie has a small role as a doctor, and roles of Hobson's daughters are made up from Brenda De Banzie, Prunella Scales and Daphne Anderson. One of the great films ever made in my opinion.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post

Watching Pulp Fiction. Managed to avoid this film, but thought I would give it ago. I like some of Quentin's movies but this one just doesn't appeal to me. Everyone rates it so...... we'll see.
    I have problems with films that make violence 'chic'. Loathed Reservoir Dogs and couldn't be bothered to watch Kill Bill II, but Pulp Fiction does have its moments, and the interweaving story lines are clever.
    Last edited by Barry; 30-04-2016 at 21:35. Reason: spelling
    Barry

I'm Grant.

Started watching Vikings series a couple of years ago on amazon and got weighlaid ... think the gear I was using broke.... Pulp Fiction is a great film imo.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I have problems with films that make violence 'chic'. Loathed Resovoir Dogs and couldn't be bothered to watch Kill Bill II, but Pulp Fiction does have its moments, and the interweaving story lines are clever.
    I liked Kill Bill 1 and 2, but so far I don't think I am going to stick with Pulp Fiction
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Started watching Vikings series a couple of years ago on amazon and got weighlaid ... think the gear I was using broke.... Pulp Fiction is a great film imo.
    H2 is repeating Season one at the minute Grant, so thought I would start from the beginning. So far pretty good.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

I liked Kill Bill 1 and 2, but so far I don't think I am going to stick with Pulp Fiction
    It was my fav one of his. Tarantino is not overly high on my list due to what Barry says... too much flippant violence, for the sake of, and to be cool. I dont mind a bit but it can just be overdone.
    Of course Vikings had to have violence in as it was "what they did", but it probably was overdone too, to grab the viewers.

Ignore me I'm just getting old
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

It is cartoon violence - hyper-real. The film knows it is a film.

Yes that sounds really pretentious but I can't think of a better way of putting it. How about: Tarantino makes films for film lovers who are a bit jaded.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread