+ Reply to Thread
Page 350 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2503003403483493503513523604004508501350 ... LastLast
Results 3,491 to 3,500 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Private Shultz, from early 80's a tv series about German forgery during the war if I remember correctly.. not seen this for some time.... Stars Michael Elphick and Ian Richardson.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Private Shultz, from early 80's a tv series about German forgery during the war if I remember correctly.. not seen this for some time.... Stars Michael Elphick and Ian Richardson.

I loved that series! Based on fact; the WW II attempt by the Germans to de-stabilise the British economy by flooding it with forged fivers, using Jewish POWs to do the forging was recently made into a rather good film (whose title evades me).
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Whale Rider

A deeply moving, but life-affirming film:

(From Amazon.co.uk)
    One of the most charming and critically acclaimed films of 2003, the New Zealand hit Whale Rider effectively combines Maori tribal tradition with the timely "girl power" of a vibrant new millennium. Despite the discouragement of her gruff and disapproving grandfather (Rawiri Paratene), who nearly disowns her because she is female and therefore traditionally disqualified from tribal leadership, 12-year-old Pai (Keisha Castle-Hughes) is convinced that she is a tribal leader and sets out to prove it.

Rather than inflate this story (from a novel by Witi Ihimaera) with artificial sentiment, writer-director Niki Caro develops very real and turbulent family relationships, intimate and yet torn by a collision between stubborn tradition and changing attitudes. The mythic whale rider--the ultimate symbol of Maori connection to nature--is also the harbinger of Pai's destiny, and the appealing Castle-Hughes gives a luminous, astonishingly powerful performance that won't leave a dry eye in the house. With its fresh take on a familiar tale, Whale Rider is definitely one from the heart.
    --Jeff Shannon
    Sound track by Lisa Gerrard is awesome.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Next is going to be............

"Wilt"... the 1989 film of Tom Sharpe's novel. Starring Griff Rhys Jones, Mel Smith and Alison Steadman.

I preferred Blot on the Landscape and Porterhouse Blue, with Blot being my favourite.
    Regards Neil

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I preferred Blot on the Landscape and Porterhouse Blue, with Blot being my favourite.
    Me too. David Suchet was excellent as 'Blott', as was George Cole. I've been meaning to buy the series on DVD for some time now.
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Me too. David Suchet was excellent as 'Blott', as was George Cole. I've been meaning to buy the series on DVD for some time now.
    Agreed excellent acting all round, but Suchet was awesome as Blott, very funny tv series.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Nearing the end of Return of Sherlock Holmes, from about 1986/7 I think. Jeremy Brett, who just IS Holmes, and Edward Hardwicke as Watson... Brett became ill during this series and his performances and physical appearance changes from about 3/4 through I think... Still the best tv you will find anywhere imv

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Watching - Below - SciFi channel (Now)

Haunted WW2 American submarine, very good so far. David Twohy film, the guy who did Pitch Black.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Watching - Below - SciFi channel (Now)

Haunted WW2 American submarine, very good so far. David Twohy film, the guy who did Pitch Black.
    heard of that, but not seen it. There was a UK one with a haunted or timeslip sub fairly recently, with Davi Jason in it. It was ok too. Must get a watch of this some day
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

heard of that, but not seen it. There was a UK one with a haunted or timeslip sub fairly recently, with Davi Jason in it. It was ok too. Must get a watch of this some day
    That's Ghost Boat, twas ok, but not as good as the book.

Below, just finished, very good, worth looking out for Grant.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread