+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2452953353433443453463473553954458451345 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

'What we got here is fay-lure to communikake'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Maybe not a 'leading man' as such, but Geoffrey Rush impresses me hugely. Have you seen The Tailor of Panama? It's a masterpiece and Rush dominates from the start. Even Pierce Brosnan was excellent in it (He's underrated, very capable in the right role).
    No not seen that. The only thing I can recall seeing him in is The King's Speech.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Diggin that hole boss.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They all had proper screen presence. Very rare you get that in a contemporary leading man. They are all a bit too 'everyman' nowadays. I'm thinking of your Damons and DiCaprios. Like comparing men to boys.

Lawrence Fishburn has it. And Will Smith. But I'm struggling to think of anyone else under 70
    there aint many tbh.... Thats why I like big Arnie. He aint a great actor but boy does he hold the camera well. Tom Hanks used to have it but seems to have drifted last few films after road to perdition
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Robert Shaw. He was an actor with gravitas. Another heavy drinker and tough guy.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Tom Hanks used to have it but seems to have drifted last few films after road to perdition
    Hanks was great in Saving Private Ryan. Wonderful movie! Cast Away was superb too. Funny thing is, I really like Joe Versus The Volcano he did with Meg Ryan. It's corny, but very quirky and just a touch 'dark'. Good fun and Meg looked stunning.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hanks was great in Saving Private Ryan. Wonderful movie! Cast Away was superb too. Funny thing is, I really like Joe Versus The Volcano he did with Meg Ryan. It's corny, but very quirky and just a touch 'dark'. Good fun and Meg looked stunning.
    Yeah thats the first film I saw him in I think... then the one with a mermaid with big John Candy. he was another favourite, big John. super actor
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Geoffrey Rush is good in everything I have seen him in: 'Shine'; 'Taylor of Panama'; 'Quills' and 'The King's Speech'.

Regarding Humphrey Bogart. a favourite of mine is 'To Have and Have Not'; debuting Lauren Bacall. "You know how to whistle don't you Steve? You just put your lips together and blow."
    Barry

I'm Grant.

He was in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Johnny Depp is a bit of a screen draw too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Depp is good he just stars in rubbishy films. Donnie Brasco was his stand-out and that was years ago.

He's in all those Tim Burton films which are all unwatchable. Ruined his career if you ask me.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread