+ Reply to Thread
Page 345 of 501 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 5004

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Martin.

'What we got here is fay-lure to communikake'
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Maybe not a 'leading man' as such, but Geoffrey Rush impresses me hugely. Have you seen The Tailor of Panama? It's a masterpiece and Rush dominates from the start. Even Pierce Brosnan was excellent in it (He's underrated, very capable in the right role).
    No not seen that. The only thing I can recall seeing him in is The King's Speech.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Geoff.

Diggin that hole boss.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    They all had proper screen presence. Very rare you get that in a contemporary leading man. They are all a bit too 'everyman' nowadays. I'm thinking of your Damons and DiCaprios. Like comparing men to boys.

Lawrence Fishburn has it. And Will Smith. But I'm struggling to think of anyone else under 70
    there aint many tbh.... Thats why I like big Arnie. He aint a great actor but boy does he hold the camera well. Tom Hanks used to have it but seems to have drifted last few films after road to perdition
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Martin.

Robert Shaw. He was an actor with gravitas. Another heavy drinker and tough guy.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Tom Hanks used to have it but seems to have drifted last few films after road to perdition
    Hanks was great in Saving Private Ryan. Wonderful movie! Cast Away was superb too. Funny thing is, I really like Joe Versus The Volcano he did with Meg Ryan. It's corny, but very quirky and just a touch 'dark'. Good fun and Meg looked stunning.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Hanks was great in Saving Private Ryan. Wonderful movie! Cast Away was superb too. Funny thing is, I really like Joe Versus The Volcano he did with Meg Ryan. It's corny, but very quirky and just a touch 'dark'. Good fun and Meg looked stunning.
    Yeah thats the first film I saw him in I think... then the one with a mermaid with big John Candy. he was another favourite, big John. super actor
    Regards,
    Grant ....

DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Geoffrey Rush is good in everything I have seen him in: 'Shine'; 'Taylor of Panama'; 'Quills' and 'The King's Speech'.

Regarding Humphrey Bogart. a favourite of mine is 'To Have and Have Not'; debuting Lauren Bacall. "You know how to whistle don't you Steve? You just put your lips together and blow."
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Grant.

He was in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Johnny Depp is a bit of a screen draw too
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Martin.

Depp is good he just stars in rubbishy films. Donnie Brasco was his stand-out and that was years ago.

He's in all those Tim Burton films which are all unwatchable. Ruined his career if you ask me.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread