+ Reply to Thread
Page 343 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 2432933333413423433443453533934438431343 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive got the book to read Neil. Not managed to get round to it yet.
    I think I will reread it Grant. I wasn't expecting much from the mini series, but it was intelligent, well acted and looked good too. The TV series has made me want to reread it.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Some like it Hot from 1959 or thereabouts. Billy Wilder's diamond in the ruff, starring Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis, Marilyn Monroe, George Raft and Joe E Brown with most of the scene stealing. Quick mention for Nehemiah Persoff, who I always liked and has been in more films and tv series than you could shake a stick at. He plays Little Bonaparte

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Great film... music is tops too... Ive got the concert, the soundtrack and the film on dvd and blu ray lol....oh yes, and a cd of Chris thomas King too

Bought it on blue ray last week , must look out for the soundtrack on vinyl , the concert looks good to get as well
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Grant.

yes the dvd concert..down from the mountain is fantastic.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Put the book on my list.

best get the set , very gripping reads ...the Daniel Craig film glossed over a lot but that's the same with most books made into films I suppose
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Neil.

The Keep (Channel 4) Now

Rare chance to see Michael Manns flawed horror film based on F Paul Wilsons book of the same name. German soldiers are sent to guard a pass in Romania, garrison themselves in an odd castle and all hell breaks lose. There is an HP Lovecraft aspect to this book and film. Worth a watch.
    Regards Neil

I'm Gary.

Loved the book Neil, the film was good too.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Loved the book Neil, the film was good too.
    I live in hope that Mann agrees to do a directors cut, his original 210 min version which the studio rejected and then butchered. However I doubt it he apparently strongly dislikes the film, hence no DVD or Blu Ray release. I haven't seen it in years and its still quiet good in places, but the flaws, due to the studio demanded editing bollocks are quiet obvious through older eyes.

One of the big issues during production was the death of the special effects director, Mann then had to revise the film, the creature, the ending - it was a mess. Then the studio refused to give the money to finish it as Mann wanted, leading to an ending that isn't what was wanted, which was much closer to the ending in the book.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

300 Rise of Empire

Much better than the first film, quiet enjoyed this despite the historical inaccuracies.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Continuing my Hill Street Blues Marathon. At the end of season 3. Just 4 more to go.

Funny some of the actors who crop up in it. Uncle Phil from The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and Commander Riker from Star Trek TNG who has a short spoken part as a small time hood who gets busted.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread