+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543831335331033 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

MartinT Guest

Superb film. Enjoy.

I'm Dominic.

Just watched the new TRON movie and the sound track from daft punk is fantastic.

I'm Paul.

currently watching "The Rock" on bbc3 shame its not in HD but might have to see how cheap I can get it on Blu Ray

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by s70rmp View Post
    currently watching "The Rock" on bbc3 shame its not in HD but might have to see how cheap I can get it on Blu Ray
    One of my favourite films! Connery is so cool. There are so many great lines in it too...

Stanley Goodspeed: You've been around a lot of corpses. Is that normal?
    John Mason: What, the feet thing?
    Stanley Goodspeed: Yeah, the feet thing.
    John Mason: Yeah, it happens.
    Stanley Goodspeed: Well I'm having a hard time concentrating. Can you do something about it?
    John Mason: Like what, kill him again?

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    One of my favourite films! Connery is so cool. There are so many great lines in it too...

Stanley Goodspeed: Well I'm having a hard time concentrating. Can you do something about it?

I remember that bit, Connery had just shot that bulky box off of the ceiling & it fell on the bad guy
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Simon.

Watched Burke and Hare on blu-ray last nght.

It was ok, quite enjoyable without being laugh out funny. Was more interested in it being John Landis' first film for many a year as he's a director whose comedies I've always enjoyed previously.

Oh and it has Ronnie Corbett in it playing the head of the militia so an extra thumbs from me for that

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

City of Life and Death

An impressive film but very distressing viewing ! The Japanese Army reached a depth of cruelty and callousness that was truly staggering .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Come on Guys, the only reason you like it is because Goodspeed is a vinyl fan and has just spent $600 on a Beatles LP!
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Good point Barry!

Last night we watched the 2010 remake of Nightmare On Elm Street - and wondered why we bothered, and why they bothered to remake it in the first place... The effects were much better, but then the cheese factor from the original was part of the charm...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Good point Barry!

Last night we watched the 2010 remake of Nightmare On Elm Street - and wondered why we bothered, and why they bothered to remake it in the first place... The effects were much better, but then the cheese factor from the original was part of the charm...
    The original is one of the few slasher movies worth watching - early appearance from Brad Pitt as well - he's the boyfriend who gets slashed to bits in the bed.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread