+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341811315311031 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I've just put it on my Tesco DVD Rental list too
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

The Good...

Cop Out - a reasonably entertaining cop comedy with Bruce Willis - I forgive him anything after being an avid Moonlighting fan in the 80s...

The Bad...

Bad Lieutenant - Well, I love Nicholas Cage films, even though he always seems to play Nicholas Cage... a great film, but a bit "nasty" in places, and not the ending you expect (or want...)

The Ugly...

Blonde Ambition - the wife's choice... what a load of old shite... before agreeing, the only redeeming feature was that Jessica Simpson was very hot in the Dukes of Hazard movie... Dunno what happened since!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm joe.

'Out of the Past' (aka 'Build My Gallows High') excellent film noir with Kirk Douglas and Robert 'baby, I just don't care' Mitchum.

'Rebecca' Hitchcock's film of the Daphne du Maurier novel

'Radio On' Very weird film, featuring some bloke driving from London to Bristol and meeting Sting on the way

and

'The Maltese Falcon'.

Oh, and 'Bicycle Thieves', a supposedly 'classic' Italian film which went on far too long and did nothing for me at all, at all.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    The Good...

Blonde Ambition - the wife's choice... what a load of old shite... before agreeing, the only redeeming feature was that Jessica Simpson was very hot in the Dukes of Hazard movie... Dunno what happened since!
    Not as hot as Catherine Bach in the original TV series,

And not as hot as April Scott (that rhymes!) who played Daisy in the recent prequel... Look away now if you are under 18 or of a nervous disposition

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Very nice Martin

Last night - City Of Ember

Thoroughly enjoyed it Kind of a combo of THX1138, Jules Verne & Indiana Jones

Tonight, an animation that looks pretty fantastic so far! Battle For Terra

Damn i love these 2.35:1 movies, make full use of the TV
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Watched "Our War" on BBC Three last night... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01175hg Very harrowing, but an interesting perspective seeing modern warfare from the combatants point of view. Worth a watch, but certainly not light entertainment...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Watched "Our War" on BBC Three last night..
    I thought it was very well presented, warts an' all and compulsive viewing. Hat's off to the MOD for allowing it.

Have you seen Tim Hetherington's film Restrepo Alex? All the more poignant now as he was tragically killed in Libya - the first British casualty of the conflict. A great photo journalist and filmmaker.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGig View Post
    I thought it was very well presented, warts an' all and compulsive viewing. Hat's off to the MOD for allowing it.

Have you seen Tim Hetherington's film Restrepo Alex? All the more poignant now as he was tragically killed in Libya - the first British casualty of the conflict. A great photo journalist and filmmaker.
    Nope, I'll check it out - thanks Tim.
    Alex

I'm jerry.

Another documentary about recent conflicts but this time about the Iraq war is Martin Websters no holds barred personal account of the beatings which took place in Al Amarah 2003.
    Not available over the counter however it can be rented as a download.
    Journeyman.Tv Diary of a disgraced soldier.
    http://youtu.be/mTBySovhVxA
    Last edited by Border Riever; 10-06-2011 at 08:52.

I'm Will.

Having a Caribbean party tonight and showing 'Fire in Babylon', the blu-ray arrived on Wednesday, and although I've been very tempted I've avoided watching it so far...

...cricket, politics, and reggae!!! Nice combination, well for me anyway
    Cheers, Will

+ Reply to Thread