+ Reply to Thread
Page 295 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1952452852932942952962973053453957951295 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    one of my guilty little secrets tonight in "Little Nicky" (2000) starring Adam Sandler in the main role, ably supported by Harvey Keitel as the devil(his dad), Rodney Dangerfield and Patricia Arquette. Henry Winkler & Ozzy Osbourne appear n cameos as themselves. Beefy the dog steal many of the scenes

Wonderful movie with some great R&R... I'm on a highway to hell to finish
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Bernie.

I don't like Adam Sandler. He can only play one character. His first couple of movies were OK but after that... You've seen one, you've seen them all I'm afraid.
    Bernie.

I'm Grant.

Have to agree bernie. Not my cup of coffee but this is to me a super film and he played the role well. He had a great support cast mind and an excellent script
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Tonight's "Red Dwarf" night starting from series 2....Amazon prime content and again "Free" my fav word these days
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Canetoad View Post
    I don't like Adam Sandler. He can only play one character. His first couple of movies were OK but after that... You've seen one, you've seen them all I'm afraid.
    This film might surprise you guys...

Reign Over Me
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490204/combined

Trailer

Also check out Punch Drunk Love, was great in that too.

Spitting image of Bob Dylan here, which is weird.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Currently Cornelius Ryan's film adaptation of The Longest Day (1962). Pretty much everyone is in this Blockbuster set around the D-Day landings in Normandy in 1944. Ike supposedly walked out on his screening complaining bitterly about the film's total inaccuracy. That aside, and after all it is supposed to be a film, and not a docu drama, it works quite well imo.Ike always was a drama queen
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

The Imitation Game (2014) stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley, Matthew Goode, Rory Kinnear, and Charles Dance among others. ....War II, mathematician Alan Turing tries to crack the enigma code with help from fellow mathematicians.

Amazon Prime content
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Making my way through Sense8 on Netflix.
    Pretty good, written and created by the Wachowski's and J. Michael Straczynski, who was responsible for Babylon 5.

Intriguing how the various threads are laid out, its an enjoyable watch.
    Only 12 episodes so perfect for a box set guy like myself.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    The Imitation Game (2014) stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley, Matthew Goode, Rory Kinnear, and Charles Dance among others. ....War II, mathematician Alan Turing tries to crack the enigma code with help from fellow mathematicians.

Amazon Prime content
    Saw it at the cinema. It's a good film but I have a few criticisms: Turing did not solely invent the 'Bombe' or have much to do with Colossus: nor did he ever become engaged. But it does show Turing's guilt-free attitude to his homosexuality, and does suggest that his death by cyanide poisoning was probably an accident and not suicide brought about by the enforced chemical 'treatment' he was obliged to undertake as an alternative to going to prison.
    Barry

Box13 Guest

Default Cube

I have just finished watching this extraordinary film.
    Great idea and story.
    Superb special effects.
    Superb cinema-tography.
    Verdict; one to look out for if you have not seen it.

+ Reply to Thread