+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 1451952352432442452462472552953457451245 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 14855

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

I'm Geoff.

Picked up a couple of old goodies in the charity shop today. 'Gunfight at The O.K. Corral' and 'The Sons of Katie Elder' on DVD. Only £1 each in mint condition. Classic western DVDs seem thin on the ground usually.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

A couple of excellent films. Just watched Katie Elder yesterday.

...now go on Blackadder the second.

Edit: have to say there is not much around to beat B2 to get you laughing
    Last edited by struth; 16-01-2015 at 22:12.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Last of the George Pollack Marple quartet I'm watching although technically it was the 3rd, Murder Most Foul (1964). Margaret Rutherford and the usuals are joined by Ron Moody, Megs Jenkins, James Bolam and Andrew Cruickshank (of Dr Findlay's casebook fame), and a cameo by Dennis Price.

Another Marple that was originally a Poirot novel, and set in a theatre with a cast rehearsing a play. Aptly then there are various references to the work of William Shakespeare: the title hails from "Hamlet" Act I, Scene V (lines 27-28) where the Ghost speaks: "Murder most foul, as in the best it is;/But this most foul, strange, and unnatural." A key phrase in the film hails from "Romeo and Juliet" ("What's in a name? That which we call a rose/By any other name would smell as sweet" (Act II, Scene II)). And Cosgood alludes to "Macbeth"'s line "Sleep that knits up the ravelled sleeve of care" (Act II, Scene II, lines 34-35).

All I can say is, as Blackadder would shout...."MACBETH"
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Earlier today

The Wind and the Lion - not seen this before set 1903 see's American troops + Germans involving themselves in Morocco, under the pretence of trying to rescue an American lady and her children from a local warlord Mulai Ahmed er Raisuli's. Enjoyable what I saw of it. Based on a historical event (very loosely) but it was a male and his son kidnapped not a lady and there were no Germans, only French involved and no hostility between them.

More here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Perdicaris and here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_and_the_Lion

Also earlier today The Secret of My Success - Love this film, fab music score from the likes of Night Ranger and Yello. With a highly implausible but fun story, its great fun. More here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sec...ss_(1987_film)

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Earlier today

The Wind and the Lion - not seen this before set 1903 see's American troops + Germans involving themselves in Morocco, under the pretence of trying to rescue an American lady and her children from a local warlord Mulai Ahmed er Raisuli's. Enjoyable what I saw of it. Based on a historical event (very loosely) but it was a male and his son kidnapped not a lady and there were no Germans, only French involved and no hostility between them.

More here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Perdicaris and here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_and_the_Lion

Also earlier today The Secret of My Success - Love this film, fab music score from the likes of Night Ranger and Yello. With a highly implausible but fun story, its great fun. More here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sec...ss_(1987_film)

Regards Neil
    Yes I like it too and have the dvd Neil...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

Can't believe that was 1991 no Wayyyyy dude !!!!!!

Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

Now, Red Dwarf Series 4.......nowt to beat the dwarfers of a Saturday night.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

13 Rue Madelaine starring Jimmy Cagney. Excellent story of the sos ths and initially was to be based around the exploits on Col Donovan but he objected and it was redone and set around Peter J. Ortiz, another hero of ww2. Ortiz was an amazing character and served in the foreign legion before ending up back in the US and I think the Marines. Moved to sos and was infiltrated several times into France. Ortiz eventually became an actor( not a very good one and starred in a few John Ford films including Rio Grande with The Duke.
    Jimmy Cagney was again in top form here and if you get the chance o a watch then this is ,although a pro US propaganda film it is still a tribute to all those brave men and women who in many cases sacrificed their life to defeat the evil Bosch.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Mad Max on Blu ray

I'm Grant.

Carry on Dick.................Sid and his merry band tying Jock Strap in knots
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread