+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 1486 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028681185181018 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Screening - What Are You Watching Right Now?

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

You do realise Adam that Harrison Ford has signed up for Indy 5

Just too much...
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    You do realise Adam that Harrison Ford has signed up for Indy 5

Just too much...
    Wasn't sure if he would be in it, i guess he is then lol, lets hope its better than the last one.

Hes getting to old now for stuff like this, saying that though it was nice to see him back as Indi, just wish they had done a better script, and should have kept Sean Connery in.

Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

I'm Martin.

BBC 4 tonight 23.35 a rare chance to see the film 'Babylon' set in the West Indian community in Brixton, London back in the early 80's. Low budget but very powerful film, well worth staying up for (or recording).
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    BBC 4 tonight 23.35 a rare chance to see the film 'Babylon' set in the West Indian community in Brixton, London back in the early 80's. Low budget but very powerful film, well worth staying up for (or recording).
    Not seen this film, if i can manage i will stay up to see it.

Adam.
    [Main Room Audio/Video:] TV: Toshiba 32LV665V - AV Amp: Sony STR-DH810 - BD/DVD Player: Sony BDP-S360 - Speakers: Sony SS-MS155
    [Bedroom Audio:] Amp: Teac A-H300 Modded Pre/Power Amp - CD Player: Teac PD-H300 - Speakers: Eltax Wave Mini - Interconnects: QED Performance Audio 2 - Speaker Cable: QED Silver Anniversary XT

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Picked up the blu ray for £2.70 including delivery I bet the seller was a bit miffed Not watched it yet but it does look good from the review on IMDB
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Recently watched:

King Arthur dir. Antoine Fuqua. Widescreen format 2.35:1 Extended Director' cut.

For once, a film about Arthur that gets away from the nonsense of Chretein de Troyes and closer to what little we do know about Arthur. The Kinghts of the Round Table are Salmacian mercenaries 'paying' for their freedom.

Ray Winstone is good and Keira Knightly plays a feisty Guinevere. Both take part in violent bloody battle scenes and this extended version has even more explicit scenes

Not a bad film, despite a studio enforced 'happy ending'.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Default The Damned

Tomorrow night, well early Saturday Morning, BBC2 are giving a rare showing of 'The Damned' at 1.35am. It's a curious and quite fascinating little Columbia/Hammer collaboration from 1963, and IMHO worth setting the video recorder for.

The film, which is also known as ‘These Are The Damned' seems to be two separate scripts that have been forced together, and is probably most notable for a performance by the always wonderful Olly Reed. One scene in particular has sometimes been cited as a possible cinematic inspiration for another couple of gents.

(Click for full size)

“We can all come together in our mutual incomprehension of what I'm doing here.” Alan Moore

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Recently watched:

King Arthur dir. Antoine Fuqua. Widescreen format 2.35:1 Extended Director' cut.

For once, a film about Arthur that gets away from the nonsense of Chretein de Troyes and closer to what little we do know about Arthur. The Kinghts of the Round Table are Salmacian mercenaries 'paying' for their freedom.

Ray Winstone is good and Keira Knightly plays a feisty Guinevere. Both take part in violent bloody battle scenes and this extended version has even more explicit scenes

Not a bad film, despite a studio enforced 'happy ending'.
    ...mmmm, on the south side of Hadrian's wall they're making wine and lounging around in togas, 20 foot over the other side it's minus 10, looks like Iceland, and Kiera's running around in leather hotpants and a bra...not a bad look I'll admit, but it does take disbelief to new levels.

Oh and the Saxons turning up 150 years too early's an interesting one too...
    Cheers, Will

I'm colin.

Watching my first Blu ray, Boune Ultimatum.Looks good.

The playstation is noisy though!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by WAD62 View Post
    ...mmmm, on the south side of Hadrian's wall they're making wine and lounging around in togas, 20 foot over the other side it's minus 10, looks like Iceland, and Kiera's running around in leather hotpants and a bra...not a bad look I'll admit, but it does take disbelief to new levels.

Oh and the Saxons turning up 150 years too early's an interesting one too...
    I only said the film was closer to what little we know of Arthur. If he existed at all, it was around the late 5th and early 6th century.

Dates for Saxon incursions into Britian are subject to wide margins of uncertainty; for example the date of the Battle of Badon ranges from 430 to 520AD! There were many battles with the indiginous Celts up to at least the eight century.

It is thought by archeologists that Celtic woman fought alongside men; though whether they wore leather bras is another matter.

I didn't say it was an accurate film - merely entertaining and more plausable than say the John Boorman film 'Excalabur', or anything else based on the writings of Geoffrey of Monmouth or of Chretien de Troyes.

Regards
    Last edited by Barry; 18-02-2011 at 01:02. Reason: spelling, yet again!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread